Author Topic: Price family of Cadoxton Barry Glamorgan  (Read 13150 times)

Offline Aaron Trail

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Price family of Cadoxton Barry Glamorgan
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 August 18 08:29 BST (UK) »
I also recently discovered that her father Nicholas slender passsed away in 1871 and is buried at st Mary’s Church cardigan Cardiganshire wales uk they were romanichal any info you can give me would be appreciated we’re the slenders a part of the price family ?

Offline cwtch

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Truth Sets Us Free
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 August 18 17:02 BST (UK) »
Ah so Emily Slender would be my granddads first wife, do you know if she had any children with my Granddad Caradoc (Creddy) as he was known. He married a Catherine Rafferty a traveller from Ireland who was my nana. If you check out a FB page called Friends with romany gypsies you might get more info.:)
Came from Cadoxton S. Wales. Moved to England in 1966.
Moved to Florida in 1970
Moved and settled in Toronto in 1971
I have been married for over 40 years and we have 2 wonderful boys and one granddaughter
Surnames....Price, Evon, Shatten, Lee, Riley, Burton, Ayres, Smith, Loveridge, Rafferty,

Offline ShellyE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 19 August 18 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hi
i think your Creddie Price is the son of my Caradoc P as the dates don't match. My Caradoc was born c 1845 & died 28/12/23 & was married to Emily Slender. Does that help you?

Offline ShellyE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 19 August 18 19:43 BST (UK) »
Hi
my Emily Slender (c1840-12/2/27) was married to Caradoc Price. They are both buried in Cowbridge.

Offline Mollymay0909

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 19 August 18 20:19 BST (UK) »
Hi im new to all of this so bare with me.
Ive started doing my family tree recently and discovered that my nan Edith Price came from a travelling family. Im not sure as to how she became living in a house or when etc as ive not done the research as yet. Ive always thought she looked like a gypsy though,  even as a young child I had the same incline don't quite know why or how.

My nans father was named Arthur Henry Price.If anyone has any information please get in touch via this site.
thanks

Offline cwtch

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Truth Sets Us Free
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 20 August 18 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hallo and welcome, if i can suggest if you are on FB. not advertising FB. but there is a page called Friends of Romany Heritage....lots of Price's on that page and lots of roam info. Hope you can read this. Good luck.
Came from Cadoxton S. Wales. Moved to England in 1966.
Moved to Florida in 1970
Moved and settled in Toronto in 1971
I have been married for over 40 years and we have 2 wonderful boys and one granddaughter
Surnames....Price, Evon, Shatten, Lee, Riley, Burton, Ayres, Smith, Loveridge, Rafferty,

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 20 August 18 01:12 BST (UK) »
Nicholas Slender probably related to the Thomas Slender camping with him

"Encamping on the Turnpike Road.Nicholas Slender and Thomas Slender were summoned for encamping on the turnpike road leading from Bangor to Conway. The police-officer stated that the two defendants were hawkers and had caravans, which they left on the road in question on the night of the 23rd  neither of them appeared in answer to the summons. Nicholas Slender was fined £1 and 9s. costs, and "Thomas Slender 5s. and 9s."

http://newspapers.library.wales/view/4511778/4511784/31/

Another Article calls Nicholas Slender a native of Croydon, London - where was he born c 1833? Both Nicholas and Thomas appear to have been brush hawkers

Was there another family member Righteous Slender as he appears with Thomas Slender.

A Righteous Slender whose mother was Mary Slender.
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 20 August 18 09:40 BST (UK) »
Looks like Righteous Slender was born in 1880 in Wantage Berkshire and his mothers maiden name was BUTLER.

So Perhaps Righteous Slenders mother is Mary Butler? Father maybe Thomas Slender?

A later Righteous Slender born 1909 was the Son of Nicholas Slender born 1877 and Alice Scarrett.

Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 20 August 18 10:44 BST (UK) »
Emily Slender was the daughter of Nicholas Slender who at my recent discovery was the sister to my great great grandmother boba slender who immigrated to America along with most of her siblings and I’m not sure why Emily never came with them they were welsh romanichal and her mother was Frances Shaw my great grandmother was a slender is love to connect with you it appears that we are kin

One for you:
Bethorine Slender registered 1864 S Quarter in Aberystwyth (Wales) mothers maiden name Shaw
Bethorine Slender died in 1890 in Glasgow, Father Nicholas Slender and mother Frances Shaw.
Her widowers name was Charles Summersby.

Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)