Author Topic: ANDERSON, William Henry Esq died 1819 Cheshunt, Hertfordshire  (Read 9277 times)

Offline Amy J

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ANDERSON, William Henry Esq died 1819 Cheshunt, Hertfordshire
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello!  I'm hoping some of you are still checking this thread.  I am the great granddaughter of Muriel Anderson, daughter of Emily Augusta and William Henry.  My uncle has been researching the family for years, and always ran aground at Emily Augusta Wood and the Anderson/Scates connection. We have always wondered if all three children really were Andersons.

I have recently done the Ancestry DNA test, and have matched to several Andersons - but nearly all in the US.  There are some Scates matches too, interestingly, but all very distant and in the US as well.

Has anyone got any further updates?  Would love to be in touch with JillAnd and Barb especially.  I think you would be my mother's cousins/2nd cousins?

Offline ellecat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 22:24 GMT (UK) »

I  am replying to your inquiry . I have looked at the Emily Augusta Anderson,s children and they appear not to be the offspring of Emily Augusta and William Anderson.Note  I have no records of William Anderson who was born in Guernsey carrying the middle name of Henry.Have read articles where the children of Emily were fathered by another party, but they retained the Anderson name.
I have often thought that as William and Emily were first cousins this may have been the reason the children were fathered by  a third party. William does not father any children with Emily Augusta.
This subject has been a puzzle but I suspect the  information I have is correct. .
Can you contact me directly and I  will give you Jill And contact details as she was looking into birth certificates. ellecat

Offline mead researcher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Amy J - I have replied to you via Personal Message as it is a very complicated research line and it would be good to make contact.
I am the cousin of JillAnd - her mother was the younger sister of my mother.  I have done most of the research on this tangled family and look forward to your further input.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Researching:
BEST, BRAME, KNIGHT, LEWIS, McSHEEHY, O'NEIL, SCHUETZE & WILKE

http://www.kirchneryoungtreeoflife.bndon.com
Researching:
BAGGALEY, BARTHOLOMEW, BOYD, CLIFTON, GALLAGHER, GEERTZ, HARBER, HARBOUR, KIRCHNER, McDONALD, MEAD, PETER, TAYLOR, YOUNG