Author Topic: looking for Jordan Station, Ontario relatives of F/O John Moody Baldwin RCAF  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
For my WW2 research I am looking for contacts with the relatives of F/O John Moody Baldwin. He is the son of John Ansley Baldwin and Margaret Baldwin, of Jordan Station,Ontario, Canada. John Baldwin was the Bombaimer of a 97 Sqdn Lancaster Bomber JB671 shotdown over Weebosch(The Netherlands) on the 25th March 1944. The entire crew was killed in this tragic accident. I am already in touch with the relatives of P/O William Coates who was the pilot of this Lancaster. I know the rules about get in touch with still living families but I hope if some one can help me to track down his relatives they can contact me through PM.

Regards and Thank you so much,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: looking for Jordan Station, Ontario relatives of F/O John Moody Baldwin RCAF
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 May 16 22:03 BST (UK) »
The family is listed on the 1921 Canadian Census at Ingersoll, Ontario
They were of Irish origin and Presbyterian - there was a sister named - sending PM
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: looking for Jordan Station, Ontario relatives of F/O John Moody Baldwin RCAF
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 08:14 BST (UK) »
Many Thanks "Myluck" for your kind help to track down John Baldwin's relatives which is much appreciated!! Regards,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 09:03 BST (UK) »
Adrian
If you have access to ancestry John's Army file is online

It is an extensive file stating his education and work experience prior to joining, his training and more information; sad references to the finding of his, and his colleagues' remains and poignant pieces that "he played the guitar"!

There isn't much additional information to help in the file to locate close living relatives
Main information to help search
Family lived at 838 Concession Street, Hamilton, Ont. throughout the 1940s
His only sibling, a sister, Gertrude Irene (ka Irene) was aged 29 and still unmarried in 1944
His father John Ansley BALDWIN was born in Victoria Harbour, Ont.
His mother Margaret MOODY was born in Sundridge, Ont.

Best of luck with your project of remembrance
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 09:17 BST (UK) »
Adrian
If you have access to ancestry John's Army file is online

It is an extensive file stating his education and work experience prior to joining, his training and more information; sad references to the finding of his, and his colleagues' remains and poignant pieces that "he played the guitar"!

There isn't much additional information to help in the file to locate close living relatives
Main information to help search
Family lived at 838 Concession Street, Hamilton, Ont. throughout the 1940s
His only sibling, a sister, Gertrude Irene (ka Irene) was aged 29 and still unmarried in 1944
His father John Ansley BALDWIN was born in Victoria Harbour, Ont.
His mother Margaret MOODY was born in Sundridge, Ont.

Best of luck with your project of remembrance

Hi Myluck, Thank you so much for the information. I haven't access to Ancestry yet but I will as i am very curious to know what info about John Baldwin they have.

Thanks again,
Adrian

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 May 16 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Library and Archives Canada says that Service Files WW2 for Canadian deaths are available
to the general public (not just Canadians) through Ancestry for free as long as you are registered with them.

Just tested that with a New Zealand friend of mine, (thanks mate ;D) and yes it does work.

Cheers,
DB

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 19 May 16 06:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Library and Archives Canada says that Service Files WW2 for Canadian deaths are available
to the general public (not just Canadians) through Ancestry for free as long as you are registered with them.

Just tested that with a New Zealand friend of mine, (thanks mate ;D) and yes it does work.

Cheers,
DB

Hi DB,
Indeed it's for free but a trial for 3 weeks!!. After this you must pay for Ancestry!!

Regards,
Adrian

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 19 May 16 06:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Cheers,
DB

Hi DB, Yes Ancestry is for free but for a three weeks trial. After this you have to pay!!  But cheaper as to visit the archives.

Cheers,
Adrian

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 19 May 16 13:48 BST (UK) »
Can't help with your query but wanted to mention....

Your local public library may subscribe to Ancestry Library Edition which should give you access to these records.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada