Author Topic: Census lookup request for William ANDERSON 1817 Russel Square  (Read 5452 times)

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
Re: Census lookup request for William ANDERSON 1817 Russel Square
« Reply #18 on: Friday 27 May 16 11:21 BST (UK) »
From your other post on this family you know Alexander is the son of Alexander & from this post you know he was born c.1783.
why do you want a Baptism?
With regard to his father Alexander who you have as being born 1755 & the brother of Justina & William there's nothing yet to confirm this. So is this the Alexander Baptism you're looking for?
Scotlandspeople has just 1 Baptism for an Alexander Anderson in R & C in 1756 (f. Donald, m. Christian) but that's on the other side of Cromarty Firth at Kilmuir Easter & this Alexander is the only child Baptised with these parents.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline ellecat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 27 May 16 12:42 BST (UK) »
William henry Anderson of Goffs  Oak Cheshunt Herfordshire was b 1783 d1819 It has been established that Alexander Anderson of Udoll or Udale is his Father and holds the lands of Udale.Alex of Udale does not surface  in Cromarty before 1788 with birth of daughter Justina. His were abouts is unknown. His son William Henry  bapt  has not been found nor his daughter Ann.
 His marriage has not been found. One only estimates Alex of Udolls birth as 1755 c his death comes from Edinburgh Magazine as 1809.Hope that helps Jim. I have read as much as I could find little is known about Udall in 1780 .No other people paying  horse tax or servant tax in Udale besides my ancestor. I tried looking for a Will for 1809 forAlexander of Udale got lost on the site and the normal thing was for the property to pass to the eldest son  who was in Herford shire.It would be interesting to know.

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 27 May 16 14:34 BST (UK) »
If the will was proved at Dingwall Court then you won't find it as they only exist from 1824 on.
You may not find a Baptism either as 2 organisations, IGI & Scotlandspeople have transcribed the PR's & neither have an Alexander born to William & Anne.
It's possible some pages are missing or unreadable.
I think all the other information you have points to him being William & Justina's brother & it may be that's as close as you will get.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline ellecat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 27 May 16 23:42 BST (UK) »
 Thanks for your input I am not certain that Alex of Udales father was indeed William it could possibly be Alexander and I  estimate his birth as 1730c. I have very little to go on.. many many thanks Ellecat

Offline JillAnd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 08 June 16 12:59 BST (UK) »
The Witnesses at Justina's wedding were her parents William and Ann (nee Deffell) and the other Ann could possibly be her grandmother Ann (nee Davidson).William and Ann's (Deffell), issue were  Carolyn 1796, Ann 1875, Justina 1799, William Archibald 1800, John 1802, Henry 1804, Hugh1808, and Duncan1807,Robert Milligan1811 and Emily.
JillAnd

Offline JillAnd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 08 June 16 13:06 BST (UK) »
It appears that Alexander Anderson b. 1755 married  Jane the daughter of William and Ann (nee Davidson) Anderson. he was not their son. We have yet to find out  Alexander's relationship (thought to be a cousin). Jane and Alexander lived at the house at Udol as her older brother William was working in London.
JillAnd

Offline ellecat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 09 June 16 09:03 BST (UK) »
Alexander Anderson of Udale appears on tax rolls parish cullicudden having one servant, and Mrs Anderson of Udale turns up in Cromarty Parish  having one servant. So the idea that William Anderson b1761 residing in London was the owner of the property is highly likely.

William Anderson b1761 d1825 m Ann Defell

The birth of Alexander Anderson has not been established 1755c
 But with little doubt William Anderson b1761 is the Uncle William Anderson that appears on William Henry Andersons Will. What a twist mothers maiden name being Anderson. Thanks to all that added content. Uncle William Anderson of Russel Square was a  wealthy Sugar Broker.
 It would be highly unlikely that Alexander Anderson of Udale and Jane [maiden name Anderson]
were not of the same blood line, most likely cousins.

What I am searching for is a marriage for Alexander Anderson and Jane Anderson the date is likely to be 1873 or just prior [William Henry Anderson birth 1873 ] recorded most likely as William Anderson these records if they exist could be in Moray. Janes,  marriage could be recorded as Jane Anderson daughter of Dr William Anderson of Udall Cromarty. Would appreciate any help. thanks again Ellecat