Author Topic: NobleHall  (Read 6434 times)

Offline James W Wright

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NobleHall
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 17 November 18 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I live in Newlands Parish so if there's anything I can help you with please ask.
Noble Hall is still a working farm ,and is as shown on the map, on the link from Ev
Hi Mrs A.,
             this my first post into "Roots Chat" and not sure if this is the correct way to go, but here goes!  A number of years ago Noble Hall was in the hands of Alexander Rutherford Wright. One of his daughters married a young Anderson and with passing of time passed into a Anderson farm.
I was at the wedding so that makes me grand father status.
Alexander Wright B: 1879 was my Grand Fathers brother James Wright B:1886.
My father William Wright B:1911 took me to NobleHall a number of times.  I always wanted to climb the hill at back.  The sheep could do it why not me, but times where stricter then!! 
If the above details are of interest to you I would like to share/exchange info regarding NobleHall
Unfortunately I cannot drop round for a chat as after my marriage we set off for Australia.
My email is jonowright@iimetro.com.au

Offline mrs a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 17 November 18 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Good morning!
The farm is still owned by the Anderson family.
Which wedding did you attend and when?
Fawcett, Currie, Hutton, Bauchope, Rankine, Main,Gilmour,Campbell,Tervit,Walker,Frame,Rooney, Finnie,Rea,Noble,Alexander
West Lothian, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire, Fife,Midlothian

Offline James W Wright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 19 November 18 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mrs. A.,
              regarding the weddings of the "Wright" girls - Beatrice and Agnes (my dad always referred to her as Nancy) that was a long time ago!  I had to look up the computer, it was 1955.  That made me 14 or 15 years.  What I can remember is neither of the girls wanted a double wedding and the were to be married a week apart, but someone did not organise for the snow plough man to make a path to the church, so even though the road was some what clear, you could not get to the front door of the church.  It was therefore decided to hold a double wedding the next week and the path to the church was cleared!
The next time I saw Uncle Alexander he was looking after two little boys.  Can I assume that you married one of these boys??  I have two photographs one of - Alexander and his wife Jane, holding a little boy with two bottle lambs in the foreground.  The other, Alexander in the house watching the two boys very carefully.
I left for Australia in 1965, but I am sure my father William Wright (Bill) and Betty his wife ( Dad remarried in 1961) visited Noble after that.  I remember speaking to Betty before she died and she told me about Nancy passing away.  She was not to sure about Beatrice and said I think she was living at North Berwick or near there on the coast.  She to had lost her husband earlier.  Do not know if they had any children, I think Beatrice was a teacher.
Have you done any research into the Wright family?  Happy to share if needed.
Also if you would like to see the photographs please send me you email address.
You can contact me at - jonowright@iimetro.com.au
Kind Regards, Jim Wright

Offline mrs a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 08:10 GMT (UK) »
Have e mailed you
Avril
Fawcett, Currie, Hutton, Bauchope, Rankine, Main,Gilmour,Campbell,Tervit,Walker,Frame,Rooney, Finnie,Rea,Noble,Alexander
West Lothian, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire, Fife,Midlothian