Author Topic: Jamaica - Archimedes Jones b1816 and Joseph Jones  (Read 3094 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica - Archimedes Jones b1816 and Joseph Jones
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 April 18 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hi
I sent you a private message here on Rootschat today.

You can find it by checking the My Messages tab and inbox. If you respond by brief message there, so I know you can access it, I will be happy to give you my email in a reply message.

just to say you use to need to post three or four messages before you could send a PM so as Stoker only has two posts at the moment it may not be able to reply to your PM by a PM just yet
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline stoker98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 April 18 19:57 BST (UK) »
Ah, that would explain why I cannot reply.  I almost never use this site, so don't really know how it works.  Suggest you try for Michael Rhodes (Sutherland Rhodes Limited) on LinkedIn.  That way I will be able to send some large picture files.
Best Regards,
Michael

Offline CherryJones1982

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 July 20 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi there. From my family history I believe that Archimedes is my great great great grandfather (his son Charles Henry Jones went on to have Henry Montague Jones who was my great grandfather, and his daughter Mary Pamela Jones was my grandmother, who passed away four years ago).

Do you have any further info on Archimedes Jones, particularly his life before coming to the UK (did he inherit the plantation after his fathers death/ what happened to Mary) and how he went from a position at the Sailors Home to produce what what become quite wealthy offspring who were global merchants (my great great grandmother who was married to his son Charles was from an affluent family and I have a photo of her aged 80 travelling to Panama!). I’m happy to provide as much onward info as possible, I’m on ancestry.co.uk and my records are public - my name is Cherry Jones.

Many thanks
Cherry