Author Topic: Trying to trace my Romany roots Foster and Evans  (Read 11342 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to trace my Romany roots Foster and Evans
« Reply #45 on: Monday 02 January 17 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Suz and many thanks for that ....yes my Grandfather had twin brothers Joe and Stanley
Lillian remarried as my great grandfather Albert was killed in WW1 , well Frank lived with his mum until she died and he lived alone until he died ...but i didn't know he was married

Grandfathers middle name was Frank and his Brother was Frank is there a family connection too this ?
Frank Foster was he maybe a Brother of Henry  ? strangely this shop was at 106 Guildford Road Chertsey the same road the Henry had a Scrap Metal business .....Guildford Road in Chertsey is quite a long road it could be just coincidence but how knows

the twins were registered as Stanley & Thomas (not Joe)??
What was the full name of your Grandfather (just to check we haven't missed a generation

Suz

Happy New Year to everyone here and thanks for all your help
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 02 January 17 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Frank Foster who had the shop at 106 Guildford Rd Chertsey 's full name was Frank Easton Foster -he was born 1878 Hastings St Leonard Sussex Parents Henry & Hannah -father Henry was a solicitor's clerk
He had an older brother Victor H Foster.
Frank Easton Foster married Ada Mary Wake

at the moment it is not looking like he is related to your family

What was your grandfather's full name and year of birth?

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline woodge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 02 January 17 18:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi it was William Frank Foster dob 25/11/12

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 02 January 17 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Just to put things in order for you
I think this is basically your tree -check back over the census posted  for further family
Grandfather
William Frank Foster born 25 Nov 1912 Chertsey Surrey
Baptised 29 Dec 1912
Parents Albert John & Lilian Blanche
address 43 laburnam Rd Chertsey
father's occ labourer

Great grandfather

Albert John Foster b. 1885 Brentford
married Lilian Blanche Reamant

2 x Great Grandfather

Henry Amos Foster b 1856 Hockliffe Bedfordshire
married Cecelia Ann Carter

3x Great Grandfather

John Foster b 1819 Hockcliffe Beds
married Ann Butts
and after her death married Elizabeth

Please ask if you are unsure or need more information

Suz

Offline woodge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 10 June 18 15:08 BST (UK) »
I suppose i should explain myself more , i was contacted about 6 months ago by a guy claiming to be related to me ,a very distant cousin
his name was leander gaskin he claims that his great great grandmother was a foster and a relation of John Foster born1819 in Hockliffe Beds
he also claims that we were related to a John and Elizabeth Foster who had a daughter called Christian they came from Drayton Parslow and they were travelling people were talking around 1650 ….but i haven’t been able to find anything to confirm this ..now my GGG grandfather John Foster father we think was called Abraham Foster does anyone have any information on this ….anything linking them back to these people

cheers woodge

Offline woodge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 17:45 BST (UK) »
What I’m tying to find out is if there’s any link between John Foster born in 1819 in Hockliffe Beds and a John Foster and Elizabeth Foster living in and around Drayton Parslow Bucks about 1640
they had a daughter called Christian ....John is a very common name but I have a lot of Johns in my Foster side and Hockliffe was around 10 miles away from Drayton Parslow coincidence or what ?
I’d really appreciate any help as I have drawn a blank at this point

Offline woodge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 27 June 18 20:46 BST (UK) »
Ok so i found out John Foster Born 1819 in Hockliffe his father was Edward Foster 1783-1876 wife name was Sarah Weaver 1783-1862 his grandfather was John Foster 1760-1799 married Elizabeth Breed in 1781 Elizabeth was born 1761 but i still cant find any thing to link them back any help would be gratefully received :)

Offline Germancelt

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 03:12 BST (UK) »
Hi I don’t know if you are active anymore or if you have learnt anymore information but my great grandmother Went by both Evans and foster please contact me as I think she might have something to do with your relatives..

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 29 April 21 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Germancelt,

Welcome to RootsChat :) I am sorry but it looks like your reply has been missed by the poster, they are still active.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk