Author Topic: Albert Victor Church  (Read 1707 times)

Offline AbbyKatNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Victor Church
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 08 June 16 12:34 BST (UK) »
Do you know of any online cemetery/burial records I could search for that period? If so, which cemetery are they likely to be buried in.

She was cremated at Hither Green on 9 July 1969.
https://www.deceasedonline.com
But you'll have to purchase a few credits to see the entry in the cremation register.

Thank you very much - that is her!! The 'informant' was her son. There is an Albert Victor (b1912) in the database but it is not the one I am looking for.

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 08 June 16 12:41 BST (UK) »
Was Edith widowed?

Offline AbbyKatNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 08 June 16 12:45 BST (UK) »
Was Edith widowed?

Yes, according to the cremation record. I think I will have to order the death certificate and hope that it states how long she was a widow or at least give me some indication.

Has anyone used the Certificates in 5 Days http://www.c5d.co.uk/homepage.php service?

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 08 June 16 12:53 BST (UK) »
The death cert will not give any information as to how long she has been widowed

It should give her name, age, abode and details of the informant and what she died of.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 08 June 16 13:01 BST (UK) »
Maybe the informant had been told by Edith that Albert was dead and they knew no different if the family had split up.  :-\   
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AbbyKatNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 08 June 16 13:04 BST (UK) »
Maybe the informant had been told by Edith that Albert was dead and they knew no different if the family had split up.  :-\   

I agree. It is something I may never find out but I don't give up easily  :)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 08 June 16 13:10 BST (UK) »
Was Edith widowed?

Yes, according to the cremation record. I think I will have to order the death certificate and hope that it states how long she was a widow or at least give me some indication.

Has anyone used the Certificates in 5 Days http://www.c5d.co.uk/homepage.php service?

Please DO NOT use this service, it is not the official site of the General Register Office.

The GRO offer the standard despatch in 5 working days service and 2nd class post for £9.25

There is a priority service but that costs £23.40. Depending on the time of day you order, the cert will be despatched the same day if you are early enough or the next day but both will use 1st class post.

The official site is www.gro.gov.uk

Basically that other site will order the cert for you and when it arrives with them, they will email you a copy or transcription and they charge you extra on top of the £9.25

I know you are overseas but there are alternatives.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline AbbyKatNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 08 June 16 13:15 BST (UK) »
[/quote]

Please DO NOT use this service, it is not the official site of the General Register Office.

The GRO offer the standard despatch in 5 working days service and 2nd class post for £9.25

There is a priority service but that costs £23.40. Depending on the time of day you order, the cert will be despatched the same day if you are early enough or the next day but both will use 1st class post.

The official site is www.gro.gov.uk

Basically that other site will order the cert for you and when it arrives with them, they will email you a copy or transcription and they charge you extra on top of the £9.25

I know you are overseas but there are alternatives.
[/quote]

Thank you very much, I haven't used the service before and hadn't heard any feedback about it so it is good to know.

As it is now past midnight here, I will 'sleep on it' and make my decision tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your help with this, I really do appreciate it.  :)