Author Topic: Five sons of Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE and Emma PUSEY  (Read 7082 times)

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Five sons of Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE and Emma PUSEY
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 16 June 16 08:47 BST (UK) »
Re: Victor, his obituary is in the Winnipeg Free Press, Saturday 1 November 1941.
Victor Plumridge age 52 of 215 Marjorie Street, St James died Friday in Winnipeg. Mr. Plumridge was born in London England and lived in Winnipeg for 35 Years. He was associated with the Singer Sewing Machine Company. Surviving him are his widow Sheila and five daughters, Evelyn, Edna, Mrs. N Patterson, Ruth and Audrey and two sons Victor with the RCAF, and Albert. The funeral will be 2 pm Monday at the Clark Leatherdale Funeral Home. Burial will be at St James Cemetery.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 16 June 16 08:54 BST (UK) »
Victor Plumridge age 20 arrived in Quebec Canada 13 September 1907 from Liverpool on the "Empress of Britain"

Added He actually goes to Canada in 1907 but comes back in 1911 in time to be counted on the census with his parents in Willesden.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 16 June 16 09:16 BST (UK) »
Not sure how far you want to go on the Canadian side, follows an obituary for Ruth Mary Rose, Winnipeg Free Press 6 December 1976.
Ruth Mary Rose passed away 4 December 1976 in Calgary aged 55 beloved wife of B J Rose and daughter of the late Victor and Sheila Plumridge. She leaves behind 5 children all of Calgary.
Her sisters Evelyn Mrs. Bert Oji of Winnipeg, Edna Mrs. J N Machlalan of Vancouver, Eileen Mrs. N A Patterson of Halifax, Audrey Mrs. H S Jurgenson of San Francisco, her twin brother Victor of Vancouver and Albert of Winnipeg. Memorial Service at St Paul's Anglican Church Tuesday at 1.30pm.

Added: Her sister Audrey May Plumridge married Mr. Harry S Jurgenson 18 December 1954 in San Francisco he was 27 she was 29; her birth date was 2 November 1925 from her application for American citizenship. She became an American 9 April 1963. As of directories 1993 her address was 28 Via LA Cumbre, Greenbrae, California.

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 16 June 16 09:22 BST (UK) »
Victor Plumridge age 20 arrived in Quebec Canada 13 September 1907 from Liverpool on the "Empress of Britain"

He must have come back to UK and left again, so could be him leaving in Jun 1911 (one of my earlier replies). If you put his name and dob in Family search and residence years 1910 to 1912.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 16 June 16 09:27 BST (UK) »
Perhaps Sheila changed her name, there is a Sarah Rosendale birth reg Q2 1888 Bethnal Green and a Sarah Rosendale b abt 1888 leaving Bristol for Quebec on 26 Jun 1912
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Helen13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 16 June 16 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Lizzie L and Amondg

Thank you for your information. I am interested in following this Canadian side of the family as Ruth Mary ROSE and her siblings are second cousins to my mother. Her grandfather Henry PUSEY was the younger brother of Emma PUSEY and Ann PUSEY who married two PLUMRIDGE brothers - Joseph Henry and George.  :)

I am hoping that this branch of the family did know about my great-grandfather.

Helen

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 16 June 16 10:54 BST (UK) »
Sheila Rosendale married Victor Plummidge ( as indexed ) 6 Jun 1914 Winnipeg, Manitoba.
It is possible to get a copy of the record , but I think  you can only order by fax or post :

http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/Query.php
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 16 June 16 11:04 BST (UK) »
Perhaps Sheila changed her name, there is a Sarah Rosendale birth reg Q2 1888 Bethnal Green and a Sarah Rosendale b abt 1888 leaving Bristol for Quebec on 26 Jun 1912
That looks likely. The arrivals manifest ( transcribed Sarah Ramsdale ) says her final destination is Winnipeg.

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 16 June 16 12:02 BST (UK) »
Sarah Rosendale is proving elusive but here she is on the free index to 1911 :

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XWGZ-KWK

You can find the full record on your subscription site. I couldn't find her ,or any of the people appearing with her on the 1911 census , in 1901 but I have found a family which I think is connected.

John Rosendale , bricklayer , and Mary Ann ( nee Bailey ) married in Bethnal Green in 1887. I found the  baptisms of some of their children in Bethnal Green:
John 1890
Minnie 1892
George 1893
Alfred 1895
Frederick 1897
James 1897
Jane 1901
They were living at 5 Willow Walk , Bethnal Green.
The whole family plus a Mary Ann 17 , Emma 17 and Sarah 13 are on the 1901 census at 5 Willow Walk as Taylor , not Rosendale. I haven't investigated further as you may not want to go down that route - an interesting tangle though !