Author Topic: Five sons of Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE and Emma PUSEY  (Read 7061 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Five sons of Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE and Emma PUSEY
« Reply #45 on: Friday 17 June 16 14:41 BST (UK) »
Winnipeg Free Press Aug 7 1957, Social notes section, has Mr and Mrs J M McKinnon and their children B and V, visiting her mother Mrs Victor Plumridge.  The McKinnons live in Tokyo, Japan.

Same sort of notice in 1954, with photo of Edna... she and her husband James McKinnon are visiting from Tokyo.

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 17 June 16 14:49 BST (UK) »
WFP, April 29, 1941 has engagement notice of Eileen Winnifred Plumridge, daughter of Mr and Mrs Victor Patterson of Marjorie Street, St. James,  to Neil Alexander Patterson eldest son of Mrs Patterson and the late Mr Patterson of Toronto.  Wedding will take place on May 31 1941 at St James Anglican Church.

RK 

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 17 June 16 14:56 BST (UK) »
WFP Dec 4 1954 has engagement of daughter A M Plumridge to H S Jurgenson (will use initials because they may still both be living).  Wedding will take place on Dec 18 1954 in San Francisco.

amondg posted the marriage details in Reply 29

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 17 June 16 15:06 BST (UK) »
Sheila's obit is in the WFP on June 17 1965, page 16.

Sheila Sarah Plumridge (so she IS also Sarah) died June 15, 1965 at the Winnipeg General Hospital.  She was 78.  Widow of the late Victor John Plumridge, of 503 Ferry Road, St. James.  Interment St. James Anglican Cemetery.  Mrs Plumridge was born in England and came to Canada in 1912. She had been a resident of St. James for 50 years. Predeceased by her husband Victor John in 1941.  Survived by 2 sons, Albert of Winnipeg and Victor of Vancouver, and 5 daughters, Mrs B A Oja (Evelyn) of Winnipeg, Mrs J McKinnon (Edna) of San Francisco, Mrs H Jergenson (A) of San Francisco, Mrs J Ruth (Rose) of Ottawa and Mrs N Patterson (Eileen) of Halifax.

RK

Offline Helen13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 17 June 16 15:10 BST (UK) »
Hi RK
Many thanks for all the information from the Winnipeg Free Press. I will look at it tomorrow as I need to go to bed as it is very late ( now am). I appreciate greatly all the newspaper articles. :) :)
Thank you for helping fill in the gaps on my family.
Helen

Offline Helen13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 18 June 16 06:51 BST (UK) »
Hi RK
Once again thank you for looking up this family in the newspapers. Would the family put in a marriage notice for 1914 Victor and Sheila's marriage year?

It is interesting that Victor is given the birth year of 1888 at his grave. I have his birth registered in June quarter 1889.

If someone can find the marriage years for Ruth to Mr ROSE and Edna to Mr MCKINNON I would very much appreciate the help.

Helen

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 18 June 16 13:48 BST (UK) »
A very interesting thread.

Using info from the various obits, you might find potential contacts through this link to the telephone directory. Contact info is usually provided. Put just the last name and city for location.

http://www.canada411.ca

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 18 June 16 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks to DB, I found an engagement notice in the WFP for Edna Plumridge, daughter of Mrs Sheila Plumridge, to Mr James Malcolm McKinnon, RCAF, son of Mr and Mrs J M McKinnon.  Wedding to take place July 14th at St Mark's Anglican Church, Toronto.

WFP, June 27 1942, page 12

RK

Offline Helen13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 19 June 16 01:11 BST (UK) »
Hi
Many thanks to DB and RK for the engagement notice for Edna. As she was the wife of both husbands with the first name James you have helped me distinguish between them both.

I would like if any one can find what Ruth ROSE nee PLUMRIDGE husband's first names are or it is just B J ? ( If it is possible as without treading on the 'living' rule ).

Many thanks again
Helen