Author Topic: Five sons of Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE and Emma PUSEY  (Read 7076 times)

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Five sons of Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE and Emma PUSEY
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 19 June 16 02:27 BST (UK) »
Haven't found Ruth's marriage yet...  not sure if you have Evelyn Sheila Oja's obit.  I know the death cert was posted earlier.  If not, her obit is in the WFP. She died Oct 19 1993.  She was 78. Formerly of Winnipeg, she had lived in Richmond for many years.  She was born Evelyn Sheila Plumridge on Dec 28 1914. Sister to Eileen, A, Victor and Albert.  Predeceased by sisters Edna and Ruth.  Married to Dr Bert Oja in Winnipeg in August 1942.  They had 4 children, S, P, J and B.  She was widowed in 1961.  Grandmother to S and J of Winnipeg. 

WFP Oct 21 1993.

RK

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 19 June 16 06:42 BST (UK) »
A possible:
The Toronto Star has an obit for an Eric William Rose who died 25 January 2000 age 54 son of the late Bernard and Ruth Rose, burial Alliston Ontario Canada. It names a spouse and children it's on ancestry.

1949 voter lists for Manitoba have a Bernard John Rose at the same address as a Bernard D Rose and Mrs B Rose (Winnifred) and an Eric Rose. probably parents and a brother.

Offline Helen13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 19 June 16 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thank you for the possible ROSE name. I will keep it but I am not sure if it is correct as the name for a son of Ruth does not match with what I have at present.

Helen

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 19 June 16 13:23 BST (UK) »
Hi,

From the obit RK posted for Evelyn, son B, is Bert Wallace Oja b. 1953 d. 2006 Winnipeg,
obit with photo.
http://passages.winnipegfreepress.com/passage-details/id-110283/OJA_BERT

Cheers,
DB

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 19 June 16 13:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Found a couple of obits for Dr Bert Oja.  He died July 13 1961.  He was 53.  He is interred in Garry Memorial Park.  He was born in Eveleth (one obit says Gilbert) Minnesota.  He came to Winnipeg in 1935.  He played for the Blue Bombers.  He later became a line coach for the team.  He was a dentist... He served overseas in WW2 as a Captain with the Royal Canadian Army Dental Corps.  He is survived by his wife Evelyn, 2 sons J and Bert and 2 daughters S and P.  Also a sister, Mrs R W O'Neill of Wisconsin.   Looks like he continued with the football team as a member of the Executive and was the president of the Alumni Association. 

Photo here....
http://www.cflapedia.com/Players/o/oja_bert.htm

Bert Oja Jr's obituary - 2006
http://passages.winnipegfreepress.com/passage-details/id-110283/Bert_Oja

RK

PS - Great minds think alike DB... about to post this when you beat me to it!!

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 19 June 16 13:46 BST (UK) »
[quote author=RunKitty
PS - Great minds think alike DB... about to post this when you beat me to it!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 19 June 16 13:55 BST (UK) »
A possible:
The Toronto Star has an obit for an Eric William Rose who died 25 January 2000 age 54 son of the late Bernard and Ruth Rose, burial Alliston Ontario Canada. It names a spouse and children it's on ancestry.

1949 voter lists for Manitoba have a Bernard John Rose at the same address as a Bernard D Rose and Mrs B Rose (Winnifred) and an Eric Rose. probably parents and a brother.

Great finds  :)... Had a look in the Toronto Star for obit for Bernard Sr, husband of Ruth and father of Eric.  Found one that might fit.  Bernard William Rose, husband of Ruth Thack.  Father of Eric of Alliston, also R and G.  Doesn't look like this family is the right one.

However, the Bernard John Rose in 1949 Manitoba looks intriguing.   :)

RK

Offline Helen13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday 20 June 16 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi RK and DB
Thanks for the further information.

Helen

Offline kbl110

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Monday 20 June 16 14:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am related to Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE through Dr. Bert Ahti Oja.

I have found a likely son of Harry Sanford Jurgenson and Audrey May Plumridge b 1955

Also a tragic fact, Harry S Jurgenson's father Alexander (Aleksander) Jurgenson may have committed suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge in March 1962. (Based on articles in the Daily Independent Journal newspaper of March 3 & 5, 1962)

Keith

*Moderator comment: details removed since the individual concerned may still be alive