Author Topic: Five sons of Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE and Emma PUSEY  (Read 7031 times)

Online Helen13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Five sons of Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE and Emma PUSEY
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 21 June 16 06:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith

Welcome to Rootschat.

Thank you for your post. I am related to Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE through his wife Emma PUSEY. She was the sister of my great grandfather.

Are you a descendant of Dr Bert Ahti OJA ? or are you related through his brother or sister?

You need to send two more posts before I can send you a personal message via rootschat.

I would be nice to have someone to discuss this family. Please note that on the internet there are many family trees about Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE. I think that some of the information is not quite correct.

Helen

Offline kbl110

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 21 June 16 14:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen,
Sorry, my connection to the Oja family is more indirect.
Through marriages in the Pirotton and Gillson families, I am related to a daughter of Dr. Bert Oja.
Unfortunately, I have had no direct contact with the Oja or Plumridge families.

I have my tree published on Ancestry and recently removed the incorrect marriage of Joseph Henry Plumridge to Emma Eliza Chamberlain.
It can be tricky to use Census data without maiden names, plus in this case Emma Eliza Chamberlain and Emma Pusey are on the same page of the England & Wales Marriage Index in the 2nd Qtr of 1875 at Eton, Buckinghamshire, England.

It was an Ancestry member that messaged me about this chat site and asked me to add to this conversation.

Most of the information I have from Canada has already been discussed by others here.

Is your tree published on a public website or Ancestry?

Keith

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 21 June 16 15:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Keith, Welcome to RootsChat :)

Is Karl Alexander Jurgenson still living ?

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kbl110

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 21 June 16 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah,
I don't know for sure, but I think so.
A Karl Jurgenson and his parents Harry and Audrey Jurgenson all show up in a Google search with current addresses and phone numbers.

Also there is an Audrey Jurgenson on Facebook with friends:
Elaine Plumridge-Moews (Australia)
Paul J Plumridge
Trevor Plumridge
Karl Jurgenson

Additional information
While searching for Sheila Sarah Rosendale (wife of Victor John Plumridge) in Ancestry a link was found to the Jurgenson Family Tree (Private) owned by user karljurgensonmecom (last login 10 months ago).

I have found the obituary for Eileen Winnifred Patterson (nee Plumridge) in the Edmonton Journal on 27-Sep-2005 as follows:
PATTERSON, Eileen (nee Plumbridge) On Friday, September 23, 2005 Eileen Patterson of Edmonton passed away. Eileen is survived by her brother Victor Plumbridge of Vancouver; sister Audrey Jurgensen of San Francisco; her sons, Donald Victor of Westlock, Neil Alexander of Victoria and James Laughlin of Edmonton; and her grandson Rob MacNeil Roseberry. A Memorial Service will be held at the General Hospital Chapel, Main Floor, Edmonton on Wednesday, September 28, at 7:30 p.m. In lieu of flowers, please donate to the Cross Cancer Clinic. Harmony Funeral Services in care of arrangements. 433-7335.  .

Published in The Edmonton Journal on Sept. 27, 2005
- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/edmontonjournal/obituary.aspx?n=eileen-patterson&pid=15230445#sthash.0hFQBLyT.dpuf

Keith

Online Helen13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Monday 04 July 16 12:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith
Thank you for posting the obituary for Eileen Winnifred PATTERSON nee PLUMRIDGE. It appears that she died 2 days after her brother Albert.

Thank you for changing the marriage of Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE to Emma PUSEY. It is easy to confuse this using census and in the fact that both marriages were at Farnham Royal, Buckinghamshire, England. I did have the advantage in that I knew about the Pusey girls marrying the Plumridge boys.
Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE  married to Emma PUSEY on 30 June 1875.
Thomas James RAYNER married to Emma Eliza CHAMBERLAIN on 16 May 1875.

My tree is not on Ancestry or on a public website. However over time some of my tree is on Ancestry through other people.   

Helen

Offline Justinmorris3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Friday 26 April 19 23:28 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I am just following up this line myself and i am the great great great grandchild of Joseph Henry PLUMRIDGE and Emma PUSEY I have done DNA via ancestry and have an account on there which is -https://ancstry.me/2ZEm2w7 

I am also on GedMatch

More than happy to collaborate with anyone else looking into this side of the tree.  :)

Thanks
Justin

Online Helen13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Saturday 27 April 19 00:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Justin

I have been updating some of this branch of the tree this week so your message is well timed.

I would like to collaborate with this more. I think that I am a third cousin to your father.

Later I will send you a PM message.

Thanks Helen