Author Topic: Mary Murray (nee Patrick)  (Read 640 times)

Offline Powerhouse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Murray (nee Patrick)
« on: Sunday 26 June 16 06:05 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for information about my maternal grandmother, Mary Murray, nee Patrick.. She lived on the Island of Bute, Scotland, was married to William Murray, they had 3 children, 2 boys, Allistair and James, and a girl Sarah (my mother) They were born around 1910-1914.
The marriage broke up, and I'd like to know what happened to her. She may have remarried. I think may have lived in Paisley or Greenock. May have died in the 1960's

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Murray (nee Patrick)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 June 16 06:55 BST (UK) »
I searched for Mary Patrick between 1910 and 1950 in the National Records of Scotland online catalogue and there seems to be no record of a divorce for her. That, of course, doesn't mean she didn't remarry at some point. Your best bet is to look for a death certificate and see what it says.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Murray (nee Patrick)
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 June 16 09:16 BST (UK) »
Scotlandspeople has a likely death in Greenock in 1964, aged 76.  There’s a Mary there whose surnames were Murray, Patrick & Thomson. So that suggests she remarried to a Thomson. If you view the certificate, you should find out his full name and whether he was still alive in 1964.
Elwyn