Author Topic: Mary Murray (nee Patrick)  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Powerhouse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Murray (nee Patrick)
« on: Sunday 26 June 16 06:05 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for information about my maternal grandmother, Mary Murray, nee Patrick.. She lived on the Island of Bute, Scotland, was married to William Murray, they had 3 children, 2 boys, Allistair and James, and a girl Sarah (my mother) They were born around 1910-1914.
The marriage broke up, and I'd like to know what happened to her. She may have remarried. I think may have lived in Paisley or Greenock. May have died in the 1960's

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Murray (nee Patrick)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 June 16 06:55 BST (UK) »
I searched for Mary Patrick between 1910 and 1950 in the National Records of Scotland online catalogue and there seems to be no record of a divorce for her. That, of course, doesn't mean she didn't remarry at some point. Your best bet is to look for a death certificate and see what it says.

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Murray (nee Patrick)
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 June 16 09:16 BST (UK) »
Scotlandspeople has a likely death in Greenock in 1964, aged 76.  There’s a Mary there whose surnames were Murray, Patrick & Thomson. So that suggests she remarried to a Thomson. If you view the certificate, you should find out his full name and whether he was still alive in 1964.
Elwyn