Author Topic: 14 Charlotte Street Dublin  (Read 6763 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Charlotte Street Dublin
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 25 February 17 15:30 GMT (UK) »
No census was taken in 1921, because of the War of Independence.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/help/history.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 25 February 17 18:35 GMT (UK) »
No census was taken in 1921, because of the War of Independence.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/help/history.html

Thank you I now remember reading this a long time ago.
CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline Miriam_90

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 30 July 18 13:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Miriam,

I was looking for photos of 14 Charlotte Street when I came across your post.  My Uncles family lived at number 14 from about 1900 to 1914.  There names where John and Bridget Hayes they had a huge family.  You don't mention a name so I was wondering if we were related.

CC

So I found John Evans second marriage record to Mary Collins in 1925. Lo and behold, one of the witnesses to the marriage was none other than a John Hayes of 14 Charlotte Street. They must have been good friends or neighbours for John Hayes to be witness  at John Evans wedding. Thats crazy!

Offline Jkeegan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 02 December 18 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
My father lived in Number 12 along with a number of Keegan generations, if anyone has any pictures of number 12 Charlotte Street  Dublin it would be much appreciated. I believe my great grandfather started off in Number 15 in the early 1900’s before moving into Number 12.

Thanks in advance

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Miriam,

I was looking for photos of 14 Charlotte Street when I came across your post.  My Uncles family lived at number 14 from about 1900 to 1914.  There names where John and Bridget Hayes they had a huge family.  You don't mention a name so I was wondering if we were related.

CC

So I found John Evans second marriage record to Mary Collins in 1925. Lo and behold, one of the witnesses to the marriage was none other than a John Hayes of 14 Charlotte Street. They must have been good friends or neighbours for John Hayes to be witness  at John Evans wedding. Thats crazy!
Hi there,  just reread this post and had another look at the Hayes.
I found that John Hayes B 1903 married a Mary Evans about 1930 (haven't found a cert for them).
I have nothing on Mary so I was wondering if your John Evans had a sister Mary.  Also you may have already seen that Mary Collins lived at number 3 when she was 4 years old.  CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline Miriam_90

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 15:44 GMT (UK) »
I just found a cert for a John Hayes, postman, of 14 Charlotte Street (son of John a tailor) and Mary Hayes a cook, daughter of Michael Evans a corporation labourer from 2 Tolka Cottages, Drumcondra. I know my John is from there originally. His brother, Michael had a cottage there when John was in the army.

Hopefully, you can see the cert attached. I'm hoping to speak to my great-grandmother soon. She's the eldest daughter of John Evans. With a bit of luck she can shed some more light on this branch of the family.

Hi Miriam,

CC

Hi there,  just reread this post and had another look at the Hayes.
I found that John Hayes B 1903 married a Mary Evans about 1930 (haven't found a cert for them).
I have nothing on Mary so I was wondering if your John Evans had a sister Mary.  Also you may have already seen that Mary Collins lived at number 3 when she was 4 years old.  CC

copyright image removed

Offline Miriam_90

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 16:10 GMT (UK) »
John also married a different Mary Collins than the one who lived here. The Mary he married was from Belfast, daughter of James Collins and Mary Neylor.

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 20:02 GMT (UK) »
John also married a different Mary Collins than the one who lived here. The Mary he married was from Belfast, daughter of James Collins and Mary Neylor.
Hi Miriam,  I don't know how i missed this cert.  Thank you for posting it for me.  :) How wonderful to still have a great grandparent alive.  I just have my mom she will be 92 on the 9th of December.  She has helped me a lot in recent years however her memory is not the best anymore.  If I come up with anything else I will certainly post it.  Thanks, Caroline

Offline Skahead1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 16 November 20 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys. I have 14 Charlotte St on my grandads brothers marriage cert. It has Julia Hayes marrying Andrew Edgeworth in 1924.  Ive no more info on the Hayes other than her being on that census nor info on if they had any children or not. Cheers, Mark