Author Topic: 14 Charlotte Street Dublin  (Read 6767 times)

Offline Miriam_90

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Charlotte Street Dublin
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 February 17 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rathmore, it was a tenement house so 14.1, 14.2 etc would have been each room in the house. I'm not sure which room my family were in but the picture gives a good sense of the street. It was demolished long before I would've been able to see it myself.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 February 17 14:00 GMT (UK) »
This tells you which room they occupied
http://databases.dublincity.ie/burgesses/browse_years.php

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 February 17 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi CC,

The family would have been John Evans and Esther (nee Tucker) Evans. They would have lived there around 1917 but I'm told by my grandfather that a lot of the people in that house were related. I'll have to pass the details onto him. We could be long lost cousins! Haha.

That would be awesome M.

CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 February 17 14:53 GMT (UK) »
photo of Charlotte street on this site

http://www.historicalpicturearchive.com

then on the right hand side of screen click on Dublin a list of streets will come up.

1911 on census could no find no. 14 starts at 14.1. when three sister were living there the Dunne's

Thank you R, my Great aunt was a Dunne.  I will have a look at this census.  I only have one sister for Bridget so I maybe able to add to the family.

CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 24 February 17 14:57 GMT (UK) »

Thank you D as usual you all come up with something I haven't thought of.  Do you know what happened to the rest of the voter registers. I seem to remember a 37-38 register and they were great but, they seem to have taken them down. 

CC

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 24 February 17 15:03 GMT (UK) »

Thank you D as usual you all come up with something I haven't thought of.  Do you know what happened to the rest of the voter registers. I seem to remember a 37-38 register and they were great but, they seem to have taken them down. 

CC
Data protection gone mad.
http://www.irishgenealogynews.com/2016/08/data-protection-concerns-force-dublin.html

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 24 February 17 20:05 GMT (UK) »
well how ridiculous is that.  I had actually gotten quite a bit of information of those registers when they were available. 

CC 

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 25 February 17 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Have you look at the census I have given you it lists who lived in the rooms, of course if you were out at the time of the census people calling you would not be put on the list.

It also tells you want they did for a living and were they were born.

Have you tried the Library in dublin or the local council?

I don't think any census in 1921 because of the troubles.

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 25 February 17 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Have you look at the census I have given you it lists who lived in the rooms, of course if you were out at the time of the census people calling you would not be put on the list.

It also tells you want they did for a living and were they were born.

Have you tried the Library in dublin or the local council?

I don't think any census in 1921 because of the troubles.

Hi R,
I am familiar with the Censuses.  I don't know about the 1921 census. I do know that a lot of records where lost during the Civil war.  If there is any of the 1921 census left it probably would not be made available until 2021.
I live in the states so I can only get to the library when I am home on holiday.  Thank you for the tips though.  I always appreciated the help.

CC