Author Topic: TURKEY RESEARCH  (Read 411 times)

Offline cattao

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
TURKEY RESEARCH
« on: Thursday 30 June 16 08:45 BST (UK) »
John  Morris and wife Mary (nee Carlisle) married in British Embassy (Istanbul??) about  1848-1851 children born there, they returned to UK and then emigrated to NZ 1870s.     Any possible information available with children's baptisms/birth dates? - where to look??
Gray, Madigan, Purdy, Churchwood.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TURKEY RESEARCH
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 June 16 09:22 BST (UK) »
Someone is researching this family in the Patricroft (Lancashire) section of Curious Fox: http://www.curiousfox.com/vill100/Lancashire44844_1.html

"Mary Carlyle married John William Morris in Constantinople in 1854. They had 12 children and migrated to N.Z. in 1878. I would love to learn more of this family."
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 June 16 09:30 BST (UK) »
You can apply for birth certificates from the UK authorities,  quoting the Consular Births references for the children (there are at least 9 Morris births recorded in Constantinople around that time). I am not aware of any free resources.

Offline cattao

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 June 16 09:51 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the info, will follow up, also the link to Curious Fox will chase that up.

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 30 June 16 10:14 BST (UK) »
The consular births indices are searchable on FindMyPast, and browsable for free on familyrelatives.com (though you may need to register).

Offline cattao

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 July 16 03:49 BST (UK) »
Thanksfor advice, checked out the Curious Fox post and will definitely try FindMyPast.

Offline Karen Gibson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 May 19 09:21 BST (UK) »
I had a request on Curious Fox for a while.  Everything I have is on Familysearch.org or Ancestry.com
On Ancestry Look for Burley/Forde extended.
I don't have much information. Still searching.  My Grandmother was one of John and Mary Morris' children.