Author Topic: Lyddon Terrace Leeds  (Read 1782 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lyddon Terrace Leeds
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 June 16 18:24 BST (UK) »
I would say that Mary is probably also living with someone and taking their name in 1871 (in the same way as Priscilla Albon is with Robert Daniels).

Why she is at that particular address when she dies, we will probably never know! But perhaps the relationship with her new man broke down and she was simply working there - I see the Eaglands have a range of staff and servants, so maybe Mary was cook/housemaid/nanny etc for them when she died.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 June 16 18:57 BST (UK) »
You say Sarah Eagland's maiden name was Firth.

I see on Elizabeth Lloyd Daniel's marriage to Richard Tebbs on 3rd June 1875, in Yorkshire, the witnesses are Francis George FIRTH and MARY DANIEL.

What date did her mum die in 1875? Is this likely to be her mum as the witness? And is the Firth witness just a co-incidence or is this a link with the Eaglands?
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 June 16 19:34 BST (UK) »
Link to show Lyddon Terrace - Woodhouse Leeds.
http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceIdentifier=2003326_22344607&DISPLAY=FULL
Leeds General Cemetery (Woodhouse)
Grave Number   5239
GraveNote   
Died (Month)   January
Died (Day)   15
Died (Year)   1875
Burial (Month)   January
Burial (Day)   18
Burial (Year)   1875
Forename(s)   Mary Ann
Surname   DANIEL
Age (Years)   43
Age (Months)   
Age (Other)   
Year of Birth   1832
Sex   Female
Disease   Heart Disease
Trade   Wife
Residence   Lyddon Terrace
Birth Place   Leeds
Fathers Forename   Frederic
Fathers Trade   Cloth Merchant
Informants Signature   Richard Tebbs
 Brian
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 30 June 16 19:42 BST (UK) »
So if she died in January 1875, it couldn't have been her witnessing the marriage in June 1875. But her future son in law was the informant .

Have we found Elizabeth Lloyd in 1871? Could her mum be with her? Eliz isn't with her Dad, and we know from the above that she is in touch with her mum in 1875.

And she doesn't have an occupation - so lessening the theory she was employed in service with the Eaglands.
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

Offline pyghtle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 30 June 16 22:33 BST (UK) »
Yes Elizabeth was at school in Yorkshire in Potternewton, in 1861, she was 9 years old, much younger than the other pupils, the only teacher mentioned is Ann Rinder, Mary's sister. Her father William Rinder is on the census as a cloth merchant, this was one of the reasons I thought maybe Mary had died and her daughter Elizabeth had been sent back to Leeds to live with the Rinders.

In 1871 Elizabeth is living with her Aunt Mary Daniel, her fathers sister, Elizabeth's name is mis spelt on the census.

lizdb.....the Mary on the marriage certificate is the Mary Daniel above, Elizabeth's aunt.

Edith Pricilla Daniel, with a middle name like that she must be Pricillas daughter and born in 1869, 6 years before Mary died!!

Calverley Lad. You have more information there than I have on the death certificate I sent for, where did you find that? The fact that it has the burial details is a bonus. Richard Tebbs was my GGrandfather, my maiden name was Tebbs.

There must be a link between Francis George Firth and Sarah Eagland (Firth)as he was married to Robert Daniels Sister, Elizabeth, maybe she was the sister of Francis.

Perhaps we will never know where Mary Ann was in 1871, but then again I never thought I would ever know where she died and was buried.

Thank you all for you help.

Brenda

Tebbs... Leicester, Gainsborough, Lincoln, Hunslet,Harehills, Leeds
Daniel....Hyde Park Leeds, Paddington London
Russell...Harehills, Leeds
Hope ..Harehills (Leeds)
Coop..Leicester, Birmingham
Payne..Leicester, Blackpool

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 30 June 16 23:49 BST (UK) »
For info, the following are buried in the same grave as Mary Ann:

18 Jan 1837, RINDER, Emma, aged 15 months, daughter of Wm (a Salesman) & Ann of Fountain St.  Died 16 Jan 1837 of measles.

21 Oct 1847, RINDER, John, aged 77 years, gentleman of Roundhay Terrace. Died 18 Oct 1847. Born Rothwell, Parents Henry & Hannah.  Cause of death: Ossification of the Heart.

1 May 1858, RINDERS, Mary. Spinster of Gledow Grove. Age not given. Died 28 Apr 1858. Daughter of George. Informant was John Wales Smith.

23 Dec 1865, RINDER, Anne aged 60 years of West Hill, Chapel Town Lane.  Died 21 Dec 1865. Occupation is wife, but doesn’t say who of (!).  Born Leeds, Parents John Briggs & Peggy Plumber.  Cause of death: General Exhaustion.

3 Aug 1887. RINDER, Ann aged 82 years. Spinster of Westfield Terrace, Chapel Town. Died 30 July 1887. Born Leeds to John Rinder (a farmer) & Sarah.  Cause of Death: Natural Decay.  Informant was W H Rinder.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline pyghtle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 01 July 16 17:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you Calverley Lad, that sounds very reasonable for the service it offers, I may join that.

Brenda
Tebbs... Leicester, Gainsborough, Lincoln, Hunslet,Harehills, Leeds
Daniel....Hyde Park Leeds, Paddington London
Russell...Harehills, Leeds
Hope ..Harehills (Leeds)
Coop..Leicester, Birmingham
Payne..Leicester, Blackpool