Author Topic: Where is C Hill, Victoria please  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I HAVE edited my profile - several times!
    • View Profile
Re: Where is C Hill, Victoria please
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 14 March 19 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Well, if it was the same William Burgess, he didn't last long in Peterhead. He appears only in the 1906 Valuation Roll as tenant and occupier of a house at 20 Albion Street and a shop, bakehouse and store at 22 Albion Street. The proprietor in 1904, 1906 and 1907 was Barbara Cruickshank. So it looks as if William Burgess only rented the premises for about a year.

Also there is no record of his death in Scotland, unless his age is wildly out. So if he was George's son returned from Australia, he must have re-emigrated, and could have ended up anywhere.
Researching

AITKENHEAD, Lanarkshire; BINNY, Forfar; BLACK, New Monkland; BRYSON, Cumbernauld; BURGESS, North-East Scotland; CRUICKSHANK, Rothes; DALLAS, Botriphnie; DAVIDSON, Oyne; GUTHRIE, Angus; HOGG, Larbert; LESLIE, Rothes/Mortlach; MENDUM, England; MOLLISON, Lethnot; PATERSON, Larbert; RHIND, Forfar; SANG, Scotland; SCOTT, East Kilbride; STOR(R)I/E/Y, Shotts; THORNTON, Shotts; WADDELL, New Monkland; WILKIE, New Monkland; WILKIE, Tannadice; WYLLIE, Angus; YOUNG, Keith

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.