Author Topic: Jane Ada Maud Oatey Camborne 1939  (Read 1016 times)

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Jane Ada Maud Oatey Camborne 1939
« on: Monday 04 July 16 21:17 BST (UK) »
I can't find the above in the 1939 register. Jane was born in Camborne in 1886 and in the 1930 and 1931 electoral rolls she was living at 47,Carnarthen Street,Camborne with her husband Ernest born 1888.
Ernest appears in the 1939 register living at 38 Stray Park Road,which is a street just around the corner and is married and seems to be living with a William J Oatey who could be a brother.
I have tried many spellings and have had no luck and have even left out Cornwall in the search engine.
Jane died in 1941 in the Redruth district.
Any help appreciated.
Added: According to her 1941 obituary, Jane was living at South Roskear Terrace,Camborne at the time of her death.
Added: Decided to put street name in 1939 and looked through the names and Jane  appears as J A Oatley although the original is Oatey on the document. She is with her mother who was Mary J Truran . This has now thrown up another mystery because the  next door neighbours are Truan's and I wonder if they will fit into the family somewhere.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Ada Maud Oatey Camborne 1939
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 July 16 22:16 BST (UK) »
Might this be the right family - 1891

William Hy Oatey 38
Nany H 37 - Mary A in 1901
William J 11
Thomas 8 - death for Thomas 1909
Ernest 3
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Ada Maud Oatey Camborne 1939
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 July 16 10:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks  Milliepede.
I think that Ernest could be Jane's future husband. Haven't done any research into the Oatey's.