Author Topic: Looking for Lilian Kenyon, Australia  (Read 8845 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Lilian Kenyon, Australia
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 July 16 02:50 BST (UK) »
NSW ER 1913 GLEBE, polling at Toxeth.
Catherine KENYON, 21 Leichhardt St, GLEBE, home duties
William KENYON, same address, electroplater.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 July 16 02:55 BST (UK) »
NSW ER 1913 GLEBE, polling at Toxeth.
HUBBARD
Amelia, 21 Leichhardt St, domestic duties
Bridget, 18 Leichhardt St, domestic duties
Catherine, 18 Leichhardt St, dressmaker
George, 21 Leichhardt St, boatbuilder
James Edward, 18 Leichhardt St, boatbuilder
Sydney George, 21 Leichhardt St, boatbuilder.

Notice TWO Catherine lasses

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 July 16 03:03 BST (UK) »
Rookwood Cemetery
Catherine E  KENYON
Aged 62
Catholic Mortuary 2 & 3
Section 5 ROW 17
Two plots 665 & 666
Dd 12 Sept 1945

JM

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 July 16 03:31 BST (UK) »
Rookwood Cemetery
Catherine E  KENYON
Aged 62
Catholic Mortuary 2 & 3
Section 5 ROW 17
Two plots 665 & 666
Dd 12 Sept 1945

JM

Rookwood Cemetery
Sec 5 ** plots 663 to 666 also contain the remains of about five people with the surname HUBBARD.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 07 July 16 10:55 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to you all for your postings with this wealth of information which I will now work through.  It is very much appreciated.

I have contacted the NSW Family History Team to ask about the two marriages of William Kenyon and Catherine E Hubbard.  Does anybody have any ideas what this might mean?

Married in the NZ electoral rolls will normally mean that the person is married.  A male with the same surname also living at the same address could be either a husband or son.

So Catherine was William's wife .  Catherine lived in Sydney (1930-1943 at 129 Bridge st, Glebe) and William in Wellington (1925-1950), NZ.. so who is this Lilian?

I have rechecked the NZ BDM index and have not come up with anything.  So will continue searching.

WNW

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 07 July 16 13:59 BST (UK) »
Rookwood Cemetery
Catherine E  KENYON
Aged 62
Catholic Mortuary 2 & 3
Section 5 ROW 17
Two plots 665 & 666
Dd 12 Sept 1945

JM

Rookwood Cemetery
Sec 5 ** plots 663 to 666 also contain the remains of about five people with the surname HUBBARD.

Sue

George T 95,  Amelia 89, James E 81, Catherine 62, Violet 60, and Bridget 58.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 07 July 16 14:09 BST (UK) »
Is this your William? Could Lilian be the unnamed wife?

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&cl=search&d=WC19090827.2.6.4&srpos=8&e=-------10--1----0%22William+Kenyon%22--

Jamjar

Added: a marriage for a Wiiliam and Lillian Mary Davies Sept 1902 quarter Prestwich 8d Page 78
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 08 July 16 04:11 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to you all for your postings with this wealth of information which I will now work through.  It is very much appreciated.

I have contacted the NSW Family History Team to ask about the two marriages of William Kenyon and Catherine E Hubbard.  Does anybody have any ideas what this might mean?

Married in the NZ electoral rolls will normally mean that the person is married.  A male with the same surname also living at the same address could be either a husband or son.

So Catherine was William's wife .  Catherine lived in Sydney (1930-1943 at 129 Bridge st, Glebe) and William in Wellington (1925-1950), NZ.. so who is this Lilian?

I have rechecked the NZ BDM index and have not come up with anything.  So will continue searching.

WNW

I do not think you will find a death for Lillian under the name KENYON.
She was not William's wife and possibly used the name KENYON as a matter of "propriety"
It seems likely to me she reverted to her "real" name when she ceased to vote as KENYON and therefore will be difficult to track.

Does William's death certificate state clearly the ages and parentage of the children?

That is..... "issue of this marriage...."  "children living and deceased..."

Any other details?

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 08 July 16 09:32 BST (UK) »
Lilian Kenyon to NZ from Sydney on the Wairangi, 15 December 1948, 53 and a confectioner.

What became of Bruce Manifold and William George. I can't find any references to them in later years?

Jamjar

Added: I can't see where it's been mentioned previously:on trip Sydney to NZ in 1933, with two children Bruce 6 and baby 7mths, Mrs Lillian Kenyon is 41 and born in Australia, with the children born in NZ. Occupation I'd domestic duties.