Author Topic: Henry Truan incoming passenger list  (Read 2674 times)

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Henry Truan incoming passenger list
« on: Tuesday 05 July 16 10:27 BST (UK) »
I found details of Henry Truan born abt 1875 who, according to Ellis Island,travels to the US 1904;1906;1909 and 1920.
I would like to know the name of the person he returns to especially in 1904 and 1906.
Henry lived in the Camborne area.
I don't know the dates that he returned but he appears in the US 1910 census with his wife Annie (nee Pendray) whom he married in1902 in the Redruth district.
Henry's mother was Maria J born abt 1847.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Truan incoming passenger list
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 July 16 12:55 BST (UK) »
Hi in the incoming lists it does not give an address date 10/9/1904 New York arriving Southampton gives his occupation as miner ...same as 27/4/1907
A departure on 12/9/1909/Henry Truan age 34 miner Annie ( wife )36 the address he came from looks like Mrs J Truan Trevenson St.Camborne
Rosie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 July 16 13:40 BST (UK) »
This could be a possible record transcribed as Henri Trian b 1876 age 47 miner port of departure Costa Rica arrival date 10th July  1923 Plymouth England address going to hard to make out ?? Rd Camborne Cornwall ..Shipping Line Royal Dutch West India Mail Line Ship Stuyvesant ..
I'm assuming this is his death Sept 1947 Redruth Cornwall ...Annie Truan 3/5/1953 Cornwall according to probate for Annie ( widow ) mentions Alfred Pendray
Rosie

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 July 16 14:14 BST (UK) »
His obituary appeared in the Cornisman, 2 Oct 1947, and mentions working in the West Indies and America and playing cricket for Kehelland.

An H. Truan, batting for Kehelland was reported in the Cornish papers on 27 May 1909, 25 Jun 1908 and 8 Aug 1907. S. Pendray and F Pendray also mentioned.

The Cornishman, 11 April 1907, reported the death of a Cornish Miner in Bisbee, Arizona. Amongst those attending, H Truan, Kehelland.

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 July 16 17:35 BST (UK) »
Thank-you hanes teulu and rosie17 for the replies :)
His obituary appeared in the Cornisman, 2 Oct 1947, and mentions working in the West Indies and America and playing cricket for Kehelland.
I had looked for a Camborne obituary instead of a Kehelland death not thinking that his family lived in Kehelland at some point ::)
This could be a possible record transcribed as Henri Trian b 1876 age 47 miner port of departure Costa Rica arrival date 10th July  1923 Plymouth England address going to hard to make out ?? Rd Camborne Cornwall ..Shipping Line Royal Dutch West India Mail Line Ship Stuyvesant ..
I'm assuming this is his death Sept 1947 Redruth Cornwall ...Annie Truan 3/5/1953 Cornwall according to probate for Annie ( widow ) mentions Alfred Pendray
Rosie
Shame about the address. I have looked for probate of Henry but couldn't find one.
Hi in the incoming lists it does not give an address date 10/9/1904 New York arriving Southampton gives his occupation as miner ...same as 27/4/1907
A departure on 12/9/1909/Henry Truan age 34 miner Annie ( wife )36 the address he came from looks like Mrs J Truan Trevenson St.Camborne
Rosie
I think that the  Mrs J Truan was an aunt to Henry because his mother was Maria J Truan and Maria J was living with her brother John T Truan and his family in Camborne in the 1891 census.
Maria was living at Gerrans (where she was born) up to 1881. But in the Gerrans 1881 census there is no sign of her son Henry.
I am sure that Henry was illegitimate. No idea when Maria J died yet so will have to start hunting.

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 July 16 09:14 BST (UK) »
On the 1881 Census, living with Maria J, her sister Elizabeth and her mother Eliza is -
William Truran, age 7, grandson, place of birth Truro.

FreeBMD has the births of
William Truran, Mar 1874, Truro, 5c 162
William J Truran, Mar 1874, Truro, 5c 162

(I can find a William J Truran in 1881 and 1891 with his family - born St Agnes).

I can find a William Truran in 1881 (with Maria J) but not in 1891.

On the Cornwall OPC data base there's a very frustrating baptism (transcription) -
William Truran, bap 29 Mar 1874, St. Paul's Truro - but no names recorded for parents!

Have you established the parents of William Truran, grandson?

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 July 16 12:12 BST (UK) »
Just checked Maria Jane's brother John T Truan in the later census and that is the address Henry gave for his nearest relative ....Does not help that his wife is also called Maria J Truan  ??? ??? would this be correct ...This John's family also travelled abroad and one died Arizona ?
Rosie

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 07 July 16 15:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the replies.
Most of John and Maria's sons emigrated to the US and one of them died in Arizona.
I have no idea who the William Truan is in 1881 unless he was a son to the Elizabeth C or if he is Maria's son,I have no idea why she would call him William ???
The Truan's have been spelt as Truran and Truen.
Maybe Henry was abroad in 1891.
One of John and Maria's sons died in South Africa in 1898.

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 07 July 16 16:41 BST (UK) »

Maybe Henry was abroad in 1891.

Is this Henry in 1891 - Census reference RG12  1851  69  12

FindMyPast have transcribed as "Tiner" but looks like "Truen" to me??