Author Topic: Tracey Peter Powles  (Read 1574 times)

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tracey Peter Powles
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 July 16 06:17 BST (UK) »
Success with PROV - now reading the documents - thanks the very deliberate SLOW click works much better .............

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 14 July 16 06:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks Wivenhoe for the trove clip - I missed that because of the spelling of surname Powell instead of Powles, but can't miss the Tracey name and the story fits with what I know - the newspaper article, headstone and father's probate all confirm a wife but no name as yet

I found a probate document reference in WA but they want about $35 to get a copy   ..... Alison

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 July 16 07:49 BST (UK) »
I suspect that the Will would have more information about the estate of T P POWLES than about his wife.

If I was researching someone who was last seen possibly riding out into the desert on the back of a camel in 1897 etc  I would be wanting to see the information on her 1894 marriage certificate, the better to trace her origins, and by extension, her association with POWLES. If nothing else, her age would suggest what stage of her childbearing life she is at, which would suggest possibility of POWLES children born, or STEEL births to happen.

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 28 August 21 02:28 BST (UK) »
Just found some information for Joshua Steel that may fit my Alice who was previously married to Tracey Peter Powles. Haven't gotten Alice and Joshua marriage as yet but think it is going to worth the money to find her maiden name (if shown) to help find her previous marriage to Tracey
1898 Joshua Steel took over a mine and battery Marble Bar, Pilbara WA, also mention of him again 1903 and another mine
Would be interesting to find his death and then possible Alice's grave