Author Topic: EWES KIRKYARD - John Anderson (1737-1806) & family  (Read 546 times)

Offline houseofbrown

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
EWES KIRKYARD - John Anderson (1737-1806) & family
« on: Friday 15 July 16 15:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks to the help of Rootschatters, I have learned that my 4xggrandfather, and several members of his family, are buried in this Kirkyard, which I understand is about 7 miles north of Langholme. (Refer to my post of a few days ago).  I am wondering if there is a kind person living in the area who would be prepared to visit the kirkyard and photograph the memorial stone for me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.    Thank you,  Bill.
Brown , Turnbull  Adamson, Renwick,  Edgar,  Smibbert,  Scott, Irving, Trotter, Brunton (Borders/Selkirk); Burnside, Skirving, Graham (East Lothian),
Emery & Treasure (Somerset). Goode, King, Flack (Cambridge)

Offline houseofbrown

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: EWES KIRKYARD - John Anderson (1737-1806) & family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 July 16 21:34 BST (UK) »
I have just received notification (and photos 🙂) by PM from someone who visited the churchyard for me.  Rootschat comes to the assistance of this very happy genealogist once again. Thank you to the person involved.   Cheers,  Bill.
Brown , Turnbull  Adamson, Renwick,  Edgar,  Smibbert,  Scott, Irving, Trotter, Brunton (Borders/Selkirk); Burnside, Skirving, Graham (East Lothian),
Emery & Treasure (Somerset). Goode, King, Flack (Cambridge)