Author Topic: Southampton Death Records  (Read 7058 times)

Offline brigcs

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Southampton Death Records
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 July 16 20:15 BST (UK) »
Me again.

Still in shock.

Christine where did you come across the online tree?

Thank you so much. You and Rosie have performed a miracle for me today.

Brigcs

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 17 July 16 07:32 BST (UK) »
Rosie I am in shock. Thank you so very very much.

Christine did all the hard work, not me  ;)   ;D  ;D

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline brigcs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 17 July 16 09:23 BST (UK) »
Yes Rosie you are right. Christine you were the one who knocked down my wall so thank you so very much. I will be smiling about this for days.

Yesterday evening I was so amazed that I went into following up your leads like a bull in a china shop. 

Today I will tell my Father-in-law about his Gran. He won't be able to respond and might not even understand me but I know that he would have been equally excited.

I have just one more question. Which Ancestry package do I need to continue on with the Andrew family?

Happy Sunday to you both.

Online Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 17 July 16 14:43 BST (UK) »
You're very welcome, brigcs. The tree I mentioned is on Ancestry. Most of what I found is available without subscription but a UK sub with either Ancestry or FindMyPast would help you trace the families here. There are some records for South Africa on familysearch - just select "search", then select "records" from the dropdown menu to bring up the world map. Click on Africa , select South Africa  to bring up a list of what's available. I don't think a sub with any of the usual subscription sites will help much with searching there. You might like to ask a Moderator to move your post to the South Africa board to see if anyone there can help you , but bear in mind that we cannot discuss living people if you are wanting to move forward , rather than back. If you decide just  to post a new topic on the SA board make sure you include a link to this topic to avoid duplication.

Good luck !
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline brigcs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 July 16 11:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks again for all your help. I was able to tell my Father-in-law about his Gran. I don't think he understood me but you never know. The whole Calland-Scoble story back to 1777 has been very unusual. As they say, "it's in the Genes".

I hope that it is a beautiful sunny day wherever you are.

Brigcs

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 20 July 16 07:45 BST (UK) »
Glad that you were able to tell your FIL about his gran even though he may not have registered any of it  :(

It certainly was beautifully sunny yesterday 33 degrees here. This morning has also started well though hopefully it will be slightly cooler today.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bowman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me in the woods 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 10 April 17 19:07 BST (UK) »
I have the birth of a child  VERNON CLAUDE CALLAND-SCOBLE  on 19th September 1903 at 4, Woodby Road, Woolston, Itchin, Southampton.  His mother is named as Helen Marie (born Ellen) Calland-Scoble nee Hammond. I have all the family history going back years but Ellen is my brickwall. I have no knowledge of her after this birth and know that the child was brought up with her family in Norfolk. Her husband Henry George next surfaces in 1910 in Australia.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to access Hampshire death records? I feel that's where I need to start.

Have you manage to locate Henry George in OZ after 1910? there is several documents on Family Search relating to his death in 1918,

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9GRG-5V7?mode=g&i=224&cc=1805122

this is a link to just one of them

Thank you for your help. :)
BEARD; BAKER; TAYLOR; SMITH: BEER

Offline brigcs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 10 April 17 19:33 BST (UK) »
Wow Bowman. Thank you for the link. It never fails to amaze me the records that are on the internet. I have just hunted on Family Search to see how you came across the records and if I hunt myself I can't see them. I wonder what I am doing wrong? Is it because I am searching from the UK and not Australia?

Once again many thanks. Every new documents adds to the complicated story.

Best wishes

Brigitte C-S

Offline bowman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me in the woods 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 10 April 17 19:39 BST (UK) »
I am in the UK, but I find you sometimes need to play around withn ames or the info you put in, in this case I searched for SCOBLE rather than his full surname, on the link I sent, if you click on the left pointing arrow alongside IMAGE you will move back and locate various other docs available.
BEARD; BAKER; TAYLOR; SMITH: BEER