Author Topic: No notification that a new post had been added to a topic started by me.  (Read 2493 times)

Offline City Hall

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm not being notified that a new post has been added to a topic started by me. I have read the problem concerning no notification of new PMs. Is my issue linked to this problem,or have I unwittingly changed a value somewhere in my profile settings?

Regards.
Paul.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: No notification that a new post had been added to a topic started by me.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 July 16 12:08 BST (UK) »
Possibly you may have messed up your settings Paul.

For starters you have posted this in How To Use Rootschat where you are ot supposed to post.  ;D

Go to PROFILE on the top bar.
Select 'Modify Profile' in blue above your name on the left.
Select 'Email notifications' from the pull down menu.
I have the first two ticked ie 'receive forum newsletters' and 'turn email notification on'.
For the next two, from the pull down options, I have selected 'instantly but only for the first reply' and 'replies and moderation'
And then click on 'Save settings' on the right just below these four selections.

I hope that makes sense. Sorry for being so brief - I am on my ipad and it's quite laborious to type stuff up.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 July 16 13:21 BST (UK) »
which topic? can you post the URL?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 July 16 14:43 BST (UK) »
The poster made a comment on this thread that he did not receive a notification

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=737225.9

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline City Hall

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 July 16 17:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruskie, I searched for the appropriate heading to record my post. When I saw that SANDRA had posted a similar thread in this section I thought, well if it's good enough for SANDRA, it's good enough for me!!

I have checked my profile settings as you suggested. The first 3 were the values you advised.The last one,I had the 'moderation only  if I started the topic'. I have now changed this to 'replies and moderation' I hope this 'does the trick'. Thanks.

Hi Dawnsh, Sandra has kindly and correctly identified the thread where the problem occurred. Thanks Sandra.

Regards.
Paul.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 July 16 17:37 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D That's right Paul - Trystan moved me here  ;D ;D Pleased your getting your problem sorted.

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline City Hall

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 18 July 16 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruskie,Dawn and Sandra.

Hands up!! As soon as moderator Sarah said about the e-mails being successfully delivered but not opened by me,(via PM), I realised what had happened. In order to make sure I notice all e-mails from Rootschat, and don't miss them amidst all the junk I get in my e-mail inbox(how rich that sounds now) I created a new folder and directed the new notifications straight to it. All very well, except due to what can only be described as an extended senior moment, I forgot I had created the new folder. I apologise for wasting your  time.

Regards.
Paul.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 18 July 16 15:55 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D No apologises needed Paul  ;) ;)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 18 July 16 15:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruskie,Dawn and Sandra.

Hands up!! As soon as moderator Sarah said about the e-mails being successfully delivered but not opened by me,(via PM), I realised what had happened. In order to make sure I notice all e-mails from Rootschat, and don't miss them amidst all the junk I get in my e-mail inbox(how rich that sounds now) I created a new folder and directed the new notifications straight to it. All very well, except due to what can only be described as an extended senior moment, I forgot I had created the new folder. I apologise for wasting your  time.

Regards.
Paul.

That sounds like something I would do, if I was clever enough to know how to direct new notifications to a new folder.  ;D

Glad it is sorted.