Author Topic: Genevieve Gaudoin Born 1745 in Calais France  (Read 2800 times)

Online farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Genevieve Gaudoin Born 1745 in Calais France
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 July 16 15:55 BST (UK) »
Svenja,
I had a quick look in Calais and then decided to go for Reunion on a hunch. Bingo! The second entry on the first page on the 1778 records for Sainte-Marie, Ile Bourbon was Mary Antoinette Gaudouin, daughter of Antoine Gaudouin & Marie Ann Marguerite Tessier. Beautiful clear writing too:

http://anom.archivesnationales.culture.gouv.fr/caomec2/pix2web.php?territoire=REUNION&commune=SAINTE-MARIE&annee=1778&typeacte=AC_MA

FYI Mary Antoinette Franck (nee Gaudoin) was buried in Vepery, Madras, India in 1866, age 89.

I would never have found it without the help from you, bookbox and goldie61 on the two threads I started last night. Unbelievable!

Offline Patrick_pontet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Pontet & associated families of France
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 February 19 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Farmeroman, you are researching same family I am - insofar as my ancestor Jean-Baptiste Marie Pontet married 16/05/1789 St Eustache, Paris 1e, with Charlotte (Marie) Augustine DERHEIMS, daughter of Pierre DERHEIMS (1752-1783) & Margueritte Charlotte  GAUDOIN (no dates yet), the latter daughter of Jacques GAUDOIN & Geneviece Madeleine PREVO(r)T (latter signed a document 1769 as PREVOUTTE GAUDOIN). Margueritte GAUDOIN's sister, Genevieve (1745-1810) was Superintendent of Mrs Pugh's boarding school for girls at Great Baddow, Essex. I have her will from the (then) PRO and a typed transcript. I attempted to attach to this message, but it won't accept doc or pdf. If you'd like to have these, you can contact me at patrick@pontet.com. I also have a (current) one-page tree of the DERHEIMS-GAUDOIN connection from Jacques & Genevieve's generation to Charlotte DERHEIMS who married J-B Pontet (same generation as the Marie Antoinette GAUDOIN (1779-1866) you have mentioned. I suspect Marie Antoinette was one of the two daughters Minni & Lizette GAUDOIN mentioned by Genevieve GAUDOIN in her will of 1806 as being her nieces, daughters of "my brother Antoinette GAUDOIN ...." who owes her "for what she paid for the education of his children, and if the sum can be obtained, I give it to my nieces Minni and Lizette GAUDOIN".

Through you exchanges on this site, you've given me at least a little extra info on this family, so thank you for that.

I hope some of this helps. Patrick

Online farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 February 19 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Patrick,
This is really interesting. i do have Genevieve's original will from the PRO, but not a typed transcription, which I would very much appreciate (I'll send you an email). I do have the baptism and marriage dates of Marguerite Charlotte Gaudoin though; she was baptised 2 August 1750 at Eglise Notre-Dame, Calais and  married Pierre Augustin De Rheims on 17 December 1769, also at Eglise Notre-Dame, Calais. I believe that they had at least five children.

I'm sure that we have plenty to talk about so I'll send you an email along with the baptism and marriage records of Marguerite.

Regards, Steve.