Author Topic: O'CONNELL of Boston  (Read 415 times)

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
O'CONNELL of Boston
« on: Sunday 17 July 16 15:13 BST (UK) »
Are there any web-accessible Catholic Church baptism / marriage / burial records available for Boston, Lincolnshire and the surrounding countryside? I'm looking for the time frame  1870 - 1920

Many thanks Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O'CONNELL of Boston
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 July 16 16:32 BST (UK) »
Checking the Lincolnshire pages on GenUKI, and in particular this page:
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LIN/nonconformist#Roman

Which says:

For Roman Catholic records:

Roman Catholic records do not fall into the public domain unless the Church wishes to turn them over to public archives. But some records are available at the archives maintained by the Catholic Diocese.
    Lincolnshire is in the Roman Catholic diocese of Nottingham. Records are held at Nottingham Diocesan Archives, Willson House, Derby Road, Nottingham, NG1 5AW, United Kingdom. Records are primarily 19th century with some as recent as 1904. They used to have a website, but in 2005 that became unavailable.
    Roman Catholic records are a more difficult area to research. There are some fiche at Lincolnshire Archives but you are not allowed to take a print out of it because they were produced by the Nottingham repository who hold the copyright.
    There is a Roman Catholic church at Market Rasen and the records for 1797-1840 have been deposited at Lincolnshire Archives.
    The Society of Genealogists (link is external) in London, have a transcription of the Irnham Catholic Chapel records: Christenings - 1765-1784 and 1797-1845, Marriages - 1765-1800 and 1824-1855, Deaths - 1765-1784 and 1824-1859.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Re: O'CONNELL of Boston
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 July 16 16:47 BST (UK) »
Many thanks

Looks like a blank drawing board there!
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson