Author Topic: Seeking a family who lived in Geraldton in Western Australia.  (Read 20173 times)

Offline MaddieL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking a family who lived in Geraldton in Western Australia.
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 26 November 22 01:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

What an amazing thing to come across! My great, great-grandparents are Jane and Henry Aubrey, and Millie is my great-grandmother.

Offline CallyJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 02 December 22 05:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark

I remember your mother and Frank from my childhood. Your grandmother (my Aunty Edie) was my mother's sister. I remember Aunty Edie being a great cook. I have been looking at our family history for many years and have a lot of information on our side of the family. Good on you for visiting Henry's grave at Yalgoo. I now live in NSW but it has always been in my plans to visit Yalgoo and Henry's grave when I am in WA.

Kindest regards.

Offline Mark Lavelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 02 December 22 06:37 GMT (UK) »
Ellen, Edith & Mavis
Any pictures of any of these wonderful women would be greatly appreciated
Thanks for the reply Cally J
My uncle Frank just finished his memoirs, so I'm heading up to see him, he is a author of three books and a great historian in his own right, and pictures or info you have would E greatly appreciated, especially of gran and mum as I only have very limited pictures as they were stolen from gran before she passed away in Beechboro in 1995
And Edith was a great cook and aunty molly made great fig jam too
Kind regards Mark Anthony

Offline Lisa S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Friday 02 December 22 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi MaddieL
Millie in my great grandmother as well. Our Nana's must be sisters or brother and sister. My Nan name was Myrtle, her son Bill was my dad. Sadly he passed away about 5 years ago. That makes our parent cousins and us second cousins I think. How fantastic to find you.

Offline CallyJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Friday 02 December 22 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark

On my Seaton family tree on Ancestry.com I have posted 3 photos, Edie and Jack Dunstan wedding photo from 1937, Ellen and John Olsen from the late 1930s (I think) and a not very clear photo of Edie, Lena, Johnny and my mother from my brother's wedding in 1968. These are the only Olsen(?) family photos I have. I'm sorry I don't have any photos of your Mum. I remember your parents visiting us in East Vic Park in the 1960s.

My goodness I haven't thought about my mother's fig jam for years. Please give Frank my best wishes from his cousin Winnie. I am very impressed with his literary achievements. I think the last time I saw him he was in the Navy. I left WA in 1970 so it would have been a few years before that time.

Offline MaddieL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Saturday 03 December 22 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa,

I couldn't believe what I was reading when I read your first post! It brought tears to my mum. My grandpa was one of your nans' brothers! His name was Ray/Raymond. I know the name Myrtle (beautiful name also) and checked it with my mum. Pretty sure your nan was one of my grandpa's older sisters. There were four boys and four girls... Are you in touch with anyone? I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Yeah, we're second cousins! Nice to 'meet you'. I/we don't live in WA, we're in SA. I'm still spinning out about all of this and this whole 'thread'.

Offline MaddieL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Saturday 03 December 22 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa,

I just checked with my mum, Myrtle was 10-12 years older than my grandpa Ray...

Maddie :)

Offline CallyJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Saturday 03 December 22 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa and Maddie

A few years ago I was visiting my brother who at that time was living in Kalgoorlie/Boulder. I visited other graves of family members and I also visited the grave of your Great Grandmother Millie (Millie was my Grandmother Ellen's sister). Millie was buried in the Boulder Cemetery. I have attached a photo of Millie's grave.

Offline Cjazee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Monday 13 February 23 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am keen to source why Jane died in Albany.  Also where Henry and Janes children went.  Were they members of the Stolen Generation?  so many questions.