Author Topic: Help with identifying person or uniform.  (Read 793 times)

Offline rach2413

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Help with identifying person or uniform.
« on: Thursday 21 July 16 13:18 BST (UK) »
  This MAY BE my half brother Noel Percival HILL 1928-2005 (from New Zealand)
We are confused because we think this is a navy uniform, but we know he was in the J force army. However, this was among his belongings & looks very like him. Can anyone definitely recognize him or the uniform please ? His children are not sure either if it is him or not.
HILL,MANSON,LILLY,BAILEY,JONES,GREENWOOD, NIELD,
ROSBROOK,EASTMEAD,MASON,WHITNEY,RICHARDSON, TREVITHICK,BEVAN,LLOYD,GLOVER,GREEN, STEWART, TAIT, PRATT, SAMUEL, RAMAGE.

Offline cpercival

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with identifying person or uniform.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 July 16 16:45 BST (UK) »
He's certainly a seafarer but not either RN or RNZN.  Could be a junior merchant sea officer or even Cook Strait ferry officer.  I don't recognise the cap badge.

Offline Hillbilly30

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 October 18 21:40 BST (UK) »
Hi there I have confirmation from a family member that this our grandfather Noel who was in the jforce we have no information about him being in the Navy or a sea officer I see you are from the UK how did you come to have this photo?

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 October 18 23:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Hillbilly and welcome to RootsChat....Rach2413 hasn't been active on RootsChat since July 2016. When you have made one more post you can send her a personal message. You do this by clicking on the text icon beneath her name on the left. If her email is still active, she will get a notification of your post.
Good Luck!
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU