Author Topic: John Street, Blaydon on Tyne  (Read 3520 times)

Offline Lyds80

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Street, Blaydon on Tyne
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 December 16 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Henry was my great grandfather Ben's brother. My father remembers him he called him Uncle Jube. I have a photo of whole siblings together (Joseph, Sarah, Tom, Fred, Henry, Albert, James, Ben and Ernest) if your friend want to see it? If your friend have any photos of Bartons would be fantastic for my dad?

Offline Cazza47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 December 16 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Can I ask in what area do you live, if you are related to my friend you might already know him
Muckley, Routledge, Roe, Bontoft, Brumpton, Bills, Aspatria, Carlisle

Offline JohnDocker1978

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
MESSAGE FOR CAZZA47 - TOM BARTON
« Reply #11 on: Friday 16 November 18 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Cazza47

Tom Barton is my 2nd great uncle and I am visiting Shroud of the Somme today at Stratford. What is your relationship with him?

My father Barry Docker knew Henry Jubilee Barton. My dad used to call him Jube. He was my father's uncle (Jube's brother was Benjamin Barton. My great grandfather was Benjamin Barton).

Let me know please. I have a photo of Tom Barton. Do you have any details about him? I am looking for his family in ancestry tree if u knew anything and also Jube too.

Regards

John Docker

Offline Cazza47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 16 November 18 13:33 GMT (UK) »
I am doing research for a friend who's father was Henry Jubilee Barton, not sure what he has in photographs but will ask him when I see him.
Carol
Muckley, Routledge, Roe, Bontoft, Brumpton, Bills, Aspatria, Carlisle

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 13 January 19 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Just seen this post.  John Street was pretty much where the extension to Chain Bridge Road is now.  From Scotswood Bridge, you followed Chain Bridge Road to the railway crossing, that crossed the road and still does.  An immediate left after it took you up Thomas Terrace, where half way up you could turn left again and having walked on past James Street found yourself at John Street, stretching to your right and left OR you could take a sharp left after the level crossing into Railway Street passing the bottom of first James Street then to John Street.