Author Topic: Tracing information on Charles Jones born in Kidderminster UK in 1825  (Read 6762 times)

Offline janjones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing information on Charles Jones born in Kidderminster UK in 1825
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 06 August 16 04:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish1120 and thank you for your addition to this subject.

Are you related to Robert Carrington and descendants?

I have done some searching and I believe that Jones is an alias and the real surname is not Jones and originally not Carrington and so trying now to trace through Charles' wife Susannah.

Hi Spidermonkey thank you for all your additions to this subject

No evidence of them arriving together and Charles Jones was not even listed as a passenger on the same ship as Susannah Jones nee Osborne.

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 06 August 16 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi janjones,
No I am not related to Robert or descendants.

Robert Carrington just interested me as a possible suspect for Charles Jones.

Marriage;
26 June 1827, St. Mary'S, Kidderminster, Worcester
Joseph William CARRINGTON to Jane BRADNEY

I must say he must be incredibly frustrating for you!
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline janjones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 06 August 16 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish1120

Thank you. I don't think Robert Carrington was Charles Jones but an interesting story. Yes it has been frustrating our search for Charles Jones origins. My brother, aunt and sister all drew blanks when they did research on him.  I am grateful though to everyone on Roots who has contributed to my search as their responses have made me dig deeper and I may have finally found out the details of his birth and parents but need to try and confirm this.
Janjones

Offline fauxy lady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 23 March 17 05:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi jan This is how I fit in. Susannah &Charles Jones/ Alice Jones  & George Giles/Albert & Violet Giles/ Zella Giles & Eric Maple/ Susan Maple & Ron Faux. I have been tracking Charles for years. I wrote to Lord Carrington years ago and he said no relation.  I  think our best bet would be finding a descendant of a cousin in England :) that may know about Susannah marriage. On the Osborne side they are Osborne, Whadcoat, Lawrence and Stevens. Charles married a second time in 8.7.1873 to Margaret Floyd (nee Carrig)

Offline fauxy lady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 10 May 18 09:38 BST (UK) »
Trish1120 you were right. Charles Jones was Robert Carrington. Lots of checks and help from a wonderful English gentleman. Finally proven by the magic of dna through his mother Jane Bradney. Fauxy Lady

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 10 May 18 11:38 BST (UK) »
Well thanks for the update fauxy lady.

Wow, I am so happy that DNA clinched it.

Its quite a story :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 10 May 18 12:24 BST (UK) »
I presume you have Jane Bradneys christening 28 October 1798, Alverley, Shropshire to JOHN/SARAH
Siblings;
JOHN 8 April 1792, buried 6 October 1793
MARY 11 May 1794

Offline fauxy lady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 10 May 18 23:18 BST (UK) »
Yes we have found out a good bit about her and are currently tracing Charles/Robert Carrington family so far not the Lord. 😊

Offline Caz Harris

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 22 April 19 17:31 BST (UK) »
I believe I may be a decendant of the mysterious Charles Jones (Robert Carrington). My great grandfather, Charles Wellman was born in Melbourne Australia but we could never find his birth recorded. We nearly gave up but then found a record of a Charles Jones and his sister being taken into care (or whatever the term was then - his sister died shortly afterwards) and him being linked to Mr & Mrs Wellman on his records where it looks like he was adopted by them. We then found records of their birth and their father was Charles Jones originally of Worcester UK and their mother was Elizabeth Jones nee Cowell of the Isle of Man and Liverpool uk. The children had been abandoned by their father after their mother died. Various dates correspond so we believe he is the father. All in all, he sounds a bit of a scoundrel......