Author Topic: Help transcribing will proved 1658 – William Dwarryhouse of West Derby  (Read 6069 times)

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Help transcribing will proved 1658 – William Dwarryhouse of West Derby
« Reply #18 on: Monday 01 August 16 08:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks Scouseboy, I just took a look on Google maps and it appears to be a bit more significant than a lane  ;D
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 01 August 16 08:54 BST (UK) »
I think the mods removed the posts because I should not have posted the entire images of the will. They could have left the replies though.

Yes, indeed. A lot of work apparently gone to waste, especially by Horselydown who made at least 4 posts to the original thread.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 01 August 16 10:27 BST (UK) »
I did not edit the thread originally but I have just re-attached the replies :)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 01 August 16 10:30 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Sarah  :)

It all makes sense now. I apologise for posting the entire will. I felt so bad when I realised that people had done a lot of work and posted replies and that their work was lost, but now it is back, so thank you and many many thanks to all who have helped, Horsleydown, Bookbox, Goldie, Scouseboy. Job well done.
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 01 August 16 10:41 BST (UK) »
I did not edit the thread originally but I have just re-attached the replies :)

Thanks, Sarah.

Offline horselydown86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 01 August 16 15:03 BST (UK) »
And thank you, Sarah, from me too.

Offline dwarrihouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 09 January 21 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gail,

I love the work you did on William Dwarrihouse's will! I was just wondering if you ever completed it and are willing to share?

At the start of lockdown, I began a One Name Study on my Dwerryhouse family. It has been quite a journey so far! I've accumulated so much information - and learnt from my mistakes along the way! I'm hoping to have a website up and running by the Spring in order to start sharing my discoveries.

I've just received a copy of the will of Ann Dwarrihouse (William's wife) from Lancashire Record's Office. It's as lengthy as William's! Very happy to share my transcriptions, etc.

All the best,
Jonathan

Offline Leo Turner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gail,
 I've landed on this page whilst researching Elizabeth Dwarihouse born 1638 in Aigburgh who married  John Spencer in 1656 Childwall. They are on my ancestry but I haven't connected them to your William. do you have any connection to my John and Elizabeth? there are not many Dwarihouse in that area at that time, that I have found, and if you have, would you be willing to share? Please
Leo

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 14 January 21 05:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jonathan and Leo

Sorry Jonathan I didn’t receive a notification of your reply to my recent message a few days ago, I only received a notification this morning when Leo replied.

I would love a copy of Ann’s Will and will send you a PM with my email address as you have only made one post and so cannot PM anyone at the moment. I did finish the Will but lost a lot of my work a few years ago when I had a major PC crash. Luckily I saved the Will to my tree on Ancestry so all is not lost. I would also love to see your work on the family.

Leo, I haven’t done very much on this family at all as there are so few records at this time and so cannot connect your Elizabeth to my tree.

My 13x great grandfather was William Dwarihouse (senior) whose wife I have not found. He had the following children all baptised at St Andrew’s Church, Bebington.

Ann baptised 5 Oct 1582, buried 26 Nov 1602
John baptised 13 Nov 1584 (died before 1593)
Mary/Maria baptised 7 Mar 1586/7
Thomas baptised 12 Jan 1588/9, buried 22 Jan 1588/9
Margaret baptised 1 Apr 1590 (married William Wilson 18 Jun 1611) had son John Wilson born in 1632 John is mentioned in the PCC Will. Margaret was buried 20 Jun 1634.
John baptised 28 Jan 1592/3, buried 17 Feb 1592/3
Twins Alice & Margery (Margery is my 12x great grandmother) baptised 12 May 1594. Margery married John Sparke 4 Nov 1617 and had a son Thomas Sparke (my 11x great grandfather) about 1618 who is the nephew of William Dwarihouse as mentioned in the PCC Will. Margery was buried 29 Apr 1635.
Elizabeth baptised 8 Sep 1597 and possibly died in Ireland as per the PCC Will
And then there is William (junior) who I don’t have a baptism for, but it is his PCC Will.