Author Topic: Murder in mind  (Read 5567 times)

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
Murder in mind
« on: Sunday 31 July 16 17:22 BST (UK) »
Sunday's seem to all ways get Me and my "cousin " thinking about are big family mystery  :)

My Grandfather and her Grandmother married illegally, both were still married to other people  ::)

after a long search I found my Grandmother's whereabouts, what she did and were she went after

my Grandfather started an affair, 

but after many years searching , We have never been able to find any trail of her Grandfather, this

has let us to believe the naughty couple may have murdered him  ??? ??? 

just wondered if anyone else has had this problem  :)

Eilleen. 
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.
LAING from Elgin ,Scotland.
 HADDELSEY from Caistor,and Grimsby Lincolnshire.                   
 Parfitt, Le Gros ,Le Sueur, from Jersey.
Martin, from Doncaster  to whelyn garden city, London.
BINT, Worchester, in Australian mint.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Murder in mind
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 July 16 17:38 BST (UK) »
I also have not found any trace of my great great grandfather after the 1871 census. There are several deaths for a man of the same name but despite tree's on Ancestry insisting he died in 1872 in Harby- this is not him. I think we just have to sit back and think he vanished into the ether. Another gt gt grandfather of mine married for the second time to my gt gt grandmother. I have never found a death or burial for his first wife, but as she was a drunken prostitute kicked out of several towns, I would think she died in a ditch somewhere on her travels  :o, which I think incidentley would have been the fate of the very stroppy Ann Widdecomb in the Tv series...... 8)

I have discovered lots of snippets of information from the old newspapers online, have you checked them out?
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 July 16 18:10 BST (UK) »
larkspur .

We have trawled through so many things, He just seemed to have vanished at the time of the affair

in 1931  ::)  but as daft as it seems murder is a strong possibility   :o

a later mishap  ??? ??? could have been put down to strange circumstances regarding another

member of same family   :-X

I suppose some folks do get away with murder  ???

short of actually digging up the allotment or backyard they had  my hands are tied  :)
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 31 July 16 18:22 BST (UK) »
I'm assuming you have checked the 1939 register for him  :-\  That you have his date of birth, checked migration records etc. etc.

Murder is a bit far-fetched, but not an impossible solution  :o

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 July 16 18:41 BST (UK) »
I have a similar situation where a young wife 'vanishes' and the next I know her husband is marrying again as a bachelor.  It does not help that said husband had an accident with a gun and shot his mother in the arm   ;D   
I often wonder if he did away with first wife, I ought to start looking for her again.  ::)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 July 16 20:30 BST (UK) »
Checked , double checked  :P :P

1939 register , electoral registers ( till I needed to start wearing glasses  ::) travel , newspapers , the

list is endless  :)  then We go ago , different spellings , different names  ???

had it been a few years ago , We would have trawled round all the local pubs quizzing everyone  :-X

He was bobbed off , He got in the way , or it may have been an accident that needed covering up .

I knew Grandad and his witch ( as she was fondly known as in the family ) 8)  she did it  ;D

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 01 August 16 09:13 BST (UK) »
If he started an affair ,he would likely have been trying to stay 'unfound',so it's very likely that he changed his name entirely.Possibly moved abroad even?

If he died after 1969,you could try and search for someone with the same birth date.
And try tying them all up to a birth of the same name,easier with a man of course.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 August 16 13:55 BST (UK) »
Eilleen, do you want to post his name up  ??? a few sets of fresh eyes on the search maybe  ;)
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 01 August 16 16:23 BST (UK) »
Her you go Larkspur  :)

James Dickie

birth 19th July 1903 We think?

Mother Marguerite Cairns.

Father William Dickie,  born12th Aug 1878 • Lanark, Lanarkshire, Scotland.
this chap , James Father came to live in Lincoln round about 1916.
have his history .

James Dickie married Rose Barton in Lincoln 10th Oct 1925, He worked as a wood machinist.

1927 address 10, Reservoir street Lincoln.

1928 daughter born . 4 , Vickers Court, Lincoln.

1931 son born. Clarence Maitland Dickie ,71, Chaplin street. Lincoln.

He disappeared after 1931 , no define  sightings after that  ::)

He did not start an affair, and it seems that his children never saw him again . ::)