Author Topic: tracking down relatives of Wolverhampton war hero Sgt William Arthur Davies  (Read 1712 times)

Offline HarryMcL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: tracking down relatives of Wolverhampton war hero Sgt William Arthur Davies
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 March 19 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello.
I have relatives in Nederweert in the Netherlands and I am a member of the local Facebook group. I was looking at the group page this morning and was interested to see a post from a member drawing attention to a monument erected in a local wildlife park. This monument commemorates the crew of a Lancaster bomber that crashed there during the war. I did a quick ‘google’ of the names of the crew mentioned on the monument and that led me to your post on here. It seems that the crew are very much recognised for their sacrifice, bravery and selflessness. I’ve tried putting pics on here but it won’t let me. If you can give me you email I’ll send some to you. All the best. Harry.

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 March 19 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Express and Star is the Wolverhampton paper, been going since late 1800s so should cover the period of both WW1 and WW2. Covers a wide area in the West Midlands.

https://www.expressandstar.com/
GEDmatch M157477

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 March 19 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Many ,Many Thanks medpat much appreciated!!  I will write to them and let you know the outcome.

Cheers,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 March 19 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello.
I have relatives in Nederweert in the Netherlands and I am a member of the local Facebook group. I was looking at the group page this morning and was interested to see a post from a member drawing attention to a monument erected in a local wildlife park. This monument commemorates the crew of a Lancaster bomber that crashed there during the war. I did a quick ‘google’ of the names of the crew mentioned on the monument and that led me to your post on here. It seems that the crew are very much recognised for their sacrifice, bravery and selflessness. I’ve tried putting pics on here but it won’t let me. If you can give me you email I’ll send some to you. All the best. Harry.

Hello Harry,

I know this memorial very well but many Thanks to letting me know this.

Cheers,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.