Author Topic: Harriet Rowarth nee Collins  (Read 1376 times)

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Harriet Rowarth nee Collins
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 August 16 18:35 BST (UK) »

Peter, their father, was a widower (son of another Peter) when he married their mother Eliza Peters 13/1/1838 Veryan.   One of the witnesses was a William Collins?? 

Although they did have other children I have only concentrated on the ones in question here.

Annette
William Collins as a witness is an interesting point.
Another mystery is what happened to Peter Henry Truan the son of Eliza and Peter! He disappears after 1851 never to be seen again!
No marriage or death that I can see.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 13:58 BST (UK) »
Given the possible spellings that this Surname Truan could have;

Peter Harris TREWEN Baptised 31 March 1805, St Just in Roseland
Mother ANN Trewen
base child
(CornwallOPC)

Marriage;
24 May 1813,
St Gerrant, Gerrans
James Josiah EDMONDS to Ann TERWIN, Spinster
Groom as Mariner of Corfe Castle Dorset
(FreeREG)

There is also a 8 July 1819 Marriage for a William CORNISH, 2 entries on FreeREG
Wife Ann is down as TREWYAN and TREWIN

There is also a David MARTIN/Ann TRUAN marriage 1807

1841 Census has living in Veryan;
William COLLLINS, 75, Ag Lab
Elizabeth Collins, 70
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 20:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info trish1120.
1841 census has Peter birth 1806 and 1851 has birth year 1801.
He has never been Peter H in any census but his son who was born in 1840 was named Peter Henry Truan (surname Trowan on Cornwall opc) and he is a mystery because I can't find him after 1851.
I think that I  have the right marriage for Harriet and for some reason she decided to call herself Collns. So many things add up.
The birth of Edith Truan to Elizabeth Truan  in an area where Harriet was living in 1891.
My Harriet has a sister named Elizabeth.
Maria Truan a sister visiting Harriet  at St Just in Roseland in 1911.
My Harriet has a sister named Maria/
Edith Truan is living in Cornwall in 1901 and 1911.
Edith is in Cornwall in the workhouse with her mother in 1911

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 24 October 16 13:00 BST (UK) »
Updating the Truan's
I bought the 3 death certificates of the Truan's.
Harriet Rowarth died in 1919 and was the wife of David Rowarth and he was a retired gardener. D Rowarth her son,was present at the death and her address was St Mawes. I think that she was more than likely a Truan regardless of Collins being the surname on her marriage certificate.
I am basing this on the fact that she had a sister with the surname Truan with her during one of the census'.
Maria Jane Truan a sister to the above died in 1914 and she died at the work house at Truro as did her sister Elizabeth. Elizabeth died in 1934 at the same workhouse.
Maria was a charwoman Myrtle Cottage,St Mawes and informant for death was master of the Union Workhouse.
Elizabeth was senile, but  her occupation address was Crugsillack Veryan. In occupation they also wrote daughter of Peter Truan.The resident officer of Clement Vean was the informant.
Their brother Peter Henry Truan is the ony sibling that I know nothing about after 1851 when he was living with his parents Peter and Eliza Truan.
I also wonder what happened to the daughters of Elizabeth. Edith born Manchester in 1884 and Eliza born Cornwall in 1889.
Eliza lived with her mother at the Union workhouse in 1901 and Edith was living at St Germans in 1911.