Author Topic: Burial Edith Crossley Cleckheaton  (Read 5119 times)

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Edith Crossley Cleckheaton
« Reply #18 on: Monday 15 August 16 18:11 BST (UK) »
Found at Cleckheaton Library, newspapers on micro films.

Spenborough  Guardian and Heckmondwike Herald Friday 29th April 1955

Deaths

CROSSLEY - On April  27th, In hospital, Edith Isobel, aged 42 dearly loved wife of Frank Crossley, 4 Towngate, Scholes, Cleckheaton. Cortege leaves above address at 11 am, Monday May 2nd for service and cremation at Cottingley Hall at 11.30 am.

No Obituary found.

Image below, right click mouse and click 'save to pictures'  or 'save picture as' (Depending on your computer running system)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 August 16 19:32 BST (UK) »
Excellent find! Cottingley Hall Crematorium is run by Leeds City Council, and the registers are kept at their office at Farnley Hall. These might have information on where the ashes were scattered, if it's something the relative wishes to know.

Read more at http://www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/Pages/Find-cemeteries-and-crematoria.aspx

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline michelew

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 15 August 16 19:42 BST (UK) »
I could hug you -  what a star.   I can't thank you enough

Regards Michele

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 15 August 16 19:53 BST (UK) »
Its an up lifter for me too  :D as its my first result in over a year for me- as I've been helping Mark  try to breakthough the George Hood damwall of his  to no avail (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!) and thought I had lost my touch or luck or both.

Happy to oblige

Dobby
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 16 August 16 12:54 BST (UK) »
Excellent find! Cottingley Hall Crematorium is run by Leeds City Council, and the registers are kept at their office at Farnley Hall. These might have information on where the ashes were scattered, if it's something the relative wishes to know.

Read more at http://www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/Pages/Find-cemeteries-and-crematoria.aspx

Arthur

Hi Arthur,

Edited 16th Aug

I've been in contact with Farnley Hall records office Leeds, there was no stone memorial or entry memorial in the Remembrance book for Edith, but Edith's ashes or remains were put on 'Lawn one' Cottingley Hall crematorium

The family of Edith Isobel Crossley can create their own memorial entry in the Remembrance book online for Edith which can be seen by people of future Crossley family researchers of ancestry of this family in years to come.

https://www.remembranceonline.co.uk/directory/burial-and-cremation/crematoria/cottingley-hall-crematorium.

Hope it helps

Dobby

Offline michelew

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 17 August 16 08:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you all so much - I have had a message back from her grandaugnter to say that her mother is so happy you have found the info on Edith and says she now feels a sense of peace.

Thanks once again  - wonderful

Michele

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 17 August 16 11:24 BST (UK) »
I'll pass your message to the kind staff at Cleckheaton library, it will be nice for them to hear their work had brought a satisfying  emotional sound result or outcome -as for me it was a nice day in Cleckeaton, later Heckmondwike shopping, but glad it gave the granddaughters mother peace of mind about Edith's resting place.

:)

Edith Isobel Crossley resting place in photo below Lawn 1 Cottingley Hall crematorium Leeds

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 23 August 16 14:47 BST (UK) »
Don't you just love this site, another "Feelgood Thread" well done to all concerned  :)

Frank
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 25 August 16 10:01 BST (UK) »
This thread was all about common decency of all peoples (on and off line) concerned for real meaning outcome  to a family. (Similar as getting out of the way to let an ambulance pass)