Author Topic: Hagan in Fermoy  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Ambienz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hagan in Fermoy
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 September 18 17:05 BST (UK) »
William and Sarah Ann had a son Samuel born in 1875

Thanks!

OK so William and Jack were brothers.

As I am missing the William and Sarah in the notes I was given, it is unclear who the rest of the family referred to in a relevant passage. However it suggests the following are either the children of Jack and Mary, or failing that siblings of Jack and William:

Mary  - married Ned Curry from Tenterfield
Len  - was a teacher
Jack - a High School Principal, who's son was a surgeon in Sydney [Jack is twice referred to so not clear if Jack had a son also named Jack]
Grace -
Ruth - who married a Mr Wood (Banker from Toowoomba) [Not clear if your grandmother or aunt of same name]
Jean -

Further goes on about Hagan sisters marrying a Mr Parr and a Mr Pomroy. Not clear who are the sisters.

There are also some further notes about the children of these people.

Cheers

David

Offline rmuser77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 September 18 21:09 BST (UK) »
>> "OK so William and Jack were brothers." => as below Jack is William and Sarah's son

>> "As I am missing the William and Sarah in the notes I was given, it is unclear who the rest of the family referred to in a relevant passage. However it suggests the following are either the children of Jack and Mary, or failing that siblings of Jack and William:
Mary  - married Ned Curry from Tenterfield => Yep
Len  - was a teacher => Yep and a High School Principal
Jack - a High School Principal, who's son was a surgeon in Sydney [Jack is twice referred to so not clear if Jack had a son also named Jack] => Jack had a few jobs but was not a High School Principal as far as I know, but was a farmer, miner and even the Chairman of the Glen Innes Branch of the ALP. But yes he had a son called "Jack" (John) who was a High School Principal. Not sure about the surgeon bit.
Grace - yep
Ruth - who married a Mr Wood (Banker from Toowoomba) [Not clear if your grandmother or aunt of same name]. Ruth is my grandmother.
Jean - yep
and Lindsey Gordon

Further goes on about Hagan sisters marrying a Mr Parr and a Mr Pomroy. Not clear who are the sisters.=> Sarah J daughter of Will and Sarah married Thomas Parr. Another daughter of there's Caroline Adelaide married Henry Pomroy.

Cheers,
Rob

Offline Ambienz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 September 18 13:47 BST (UK) »