Author Topic: Isaac Headland  (Read 1134 times)

Offline everlea

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Isaac Headland
« on: Sunday 14 August 16 11:52 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find the origins of 4xg/grandfather Isaac Headland who I believe may have come from
Lincolnshire.
In 1776 he married Sarah Trenley at St. George, Hanover Square,London so I presume he was around the same age.Their children were born at various locations around Middx, Herts & Bucks.
In 1792 he was bankrupt & described as a carpenter,chapman & general dealer of Uxbridge.
His only other appearance is as witness to a wedding at St. Botolph. Aldgate, London in 1797.
Sarah's 1800 Pauper Settlement says that he had rented a house in Tottenham Place for four years
but had left twelve months previously - not sure whether that means he had "done a runner" or
just relocated the family.
The name Isaac was very popular for the Headlands in the Welbourn/Potterhanworth areas &
my late father certainly believed there was a Lincolnshire connection.
There is one candidate - Isaac, son of John & Catherine Headland bap 14 Aug 1745(they appear to have had another son of the same name bap 1745 who probably died) but I've been unable to rule him in or out.
I wonder if anyone with local knowledge or a special interest in the families of that area might be
able to help with this stubborn brick wall?
Thanks in anticipation.