Author Topic: Mother and baby home run by nuns in Southampton during the 70s  (Read 3391 times)

Offline Jo Purcell

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Mother and baby home run by nuns in Southampton during the 70s
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 13 November 18 00:22 GMT (UK) »
I have been searching a lot this evening for information about where I was born. Nazareth House Southampton in 1968. Then I found this conversation after all I could find was an old house pre 1940 when it was burnt down and a new house was built in 1950 something..but I can't find a picture. I have no actual birth relatives left to ask! I have always been intrigued by the stories I was told... Strangely enough, i work helping to train care staff in care homes in the Southampton area and will be going up there soon.. Just doing some research before the big day! I think the national archives seem like the best way forward as they have publications from Nazareth house you can order by the looks of things? Ill carry on my search! I was told that I was born in a connecting hospital, and not in the house itself. Would that have been done usually? If so does anyone know which hospital? I wish I had paid more attention to my Nan.. Im sure it began with an H!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.