Author Topic: Rachel Holehouse/Houlhouse  (Read 643 times)

Offline ruth52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Rachel Holehouse/Houlhouse
« on: Sunday 28 August 16 16:09 BST (UK) »
Rachel Holehouse bapt 1764 is one of my ancestors. (parents John Houlhouse and Rachel nee Green married 1745/6)-one of 8 children. She married George Fielding in 1788 and they had at least 8 children the last one being born in 1806. All the records are on the Darley PR's. The name Holehouse is given as a second name to at least one of their children

My problem is that there is another Rachel Holehouse who also marries at Darley in 1792 - spouse Joseph Tomlinson of Youlgreave. They have at least two kids Joseph n 1800 and John Holehouse 1808.
I thought at first it was Rachel widow of John remarrying but she would have been far too old to have kids!!

Can anyone suggest parents for the second Rachel H . Rachel does not appear to be a common name among the Houlhouses of Bonsall which is where I believe  they originate.
 All theories , comments welcome. I really just want to ensure that the Rachel who marries George Fielding is the correct one!
whyatt/wyatt - chesterfield,de rusett/quigley,crosbie -india, barber, beswick- yorkshire, astridge- portsmouth,
travis, gill, barker, fielding- derbyshire

Offline ruth52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rachel Holehouse/Houlhouse
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 August 16 13:01 BST (UK) »
No need for anyone to look further! I have found her! 'My' Rachel had an older brother (John) who had a daughter Rachel, who married Joseph Tomlinson. Found via Ince on the Wirksworth website.
What a treasure trove this is for Derbyshire researchers. Now to tie up dates. It also takes me back a couple of generations for Rachel  Hooray!! :)
whyatt/wyatt - chesterfield,de rusett/quigley,crosbie -india, barber, beswick- yorkshire, astridge- portsmouth,
travis, gill, barker, fielding- derbyshire