Author Topic: COLIN MAPPIN, B.1923 in WORTLEY, any relatives out there?  (Read 3919 times)

Offline WideEyedGirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Great grandma Elsie (right) & sister Evelyn (left)
    • View Profile
COLIN MAPPIN, B.1923 in WORTLEY, any relatives out there?
« on: Sunday 04 September 16 20:58 BST (UK) »
Hello,

This the most appropriate forum I could find - even though I cannot send the physical photographs to relatives, I have several photos from my Grandad's old album of his friend from his younger years that I would like to share with any relatives of his.

My Grandad's friend was called COLIN MAPPIN, and he lived in the Wortley area of Yorkshire. He was about the same age as my grandad - and indeed I found a birth registration for Colin in 1923 in Wortley.
My Grandad fought in WW2 in the Yorks and Lancs Regiment - Colin could well have fought too.

I do not know if Colin is still alive, so I'm reluctant to post photographs of him on the public forum, but if there are any relations out there, then I would love to share some photos with them - I never knew Colin, so I have many photographs of a man that I do not know.

Thank you,
Holly
A Yorkshire girl tracing her ancestry.
Discovering that I'm not as English as my family once thought.

Ashforth | Watson | Smith | Davies | Beech | Matthews | Moxon | Heaton | Emmerson | Parkin | Cook | Venables | Perrins | Parsons | Whiteley | Blackburn | Badger | Cullen | McWeeny/McWeeney | Steventon | Walters | Copley | Chapman | Wild | Garrity | Blewitt | Larkin |

DNA Results: 40% Great Britain, 24% Scandinavian, 17% Western European, 15% Irish, 4% Iberian Peninsula.

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: COLIN MAPPIN, B.1923 in WORTLEY, any relatives out there?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 September 16 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi
I can't see a death for the man you are seeking but using FreeBMD you will find his marriage in 1948 then the births of at least two children  and the marriage of one of his sons in 1972 (in Wortley)  This son's name is on the 192.comsite. He is living in Sheffield S5. The white pages has him at Burncross, Sheffield.
After looking at all this I googled and found a possible for your Dad's friend (age 93) on the site http://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/Default.asp