Author Topic: Capper Family Tree  (Read 7374 times)

Offline Debbie Palleson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Capper Family Tree
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 00:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Also there are such a lot of John Capper's, a middle name could have helped enormously.  I found John's baptism record on Find my Past in the Denbighshire records.

Debbie

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 00:46 BST (UK) »
Hi a lot of ifs/buts and maybes without any marriage certificate I think you would agree, 1871 just a transcription error given the quality of the original?!
It is difficult, but tracing David & Ellinor back may give clues to Jane?

Why John would give c 1810 possibly 1807 Denbighshire and possibly be baptised 1807 b 1805 again needs looking into!
What death date do you have for John/Jane?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Debbie Palleson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 01:13 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

John died 1888 and Jane died 1871.

Debbie

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 18:03 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

John died 1888 and Jane died 1871.

Debbie

Hi again, two things John died aged 80, so b c 1807/8 so baptism 1807 birth 1805 Parents John/Sarah still unclear, but the David Price Capper born 1799 baptism 1803 had same parentage, also in 1861 David 60 b London with wife Hannah 61 b Denbighshire have a Nephew visiting them David Capper 16 b London who looks to be the son of John/Jane in 1851, in 1851 David Capper 48 occ Shoemaker b London has Hannah 50 Ann 26 Elizabeth 23 Eliza 20 and Mary A aged 5 months all children born Wrexham
Census ref 1861 RG09/1878/40/36
Census ref 1851 HO107/2503/537/4

1841 family/marriage?
Keyboard86

Offline Debbie Palleson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 22:00 BST (UK) »
Hi,

It seems as though John and Jane maybe were going through some hard times and let their son David be brought up by John's brother David.  Also there is a Mary, which I seem to think was the daughter of John and Jane's son John.  It seems right through these exchanges of emails, Wrexham is the place where my line of Capper's come from.  If only I could obtain information re John and Jane Capper's resting place Brymbo.  I've tried looking up the actual church/cemetery to view the original record but nothing.  I've seen the recorded version in the BMD.  If only I could find a marriage entry for John and Jane!  How far back have you gone with your family tree? 

Debbie

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 22:17 BST (UK) »
 >:( 1700's with Birth/Marriage / Death certificates post 1837, Family Bible pre 1837 for my father's side, I would think one of the daughters was the mother of Mary A aged 5 months in 1851?
Keyboard86

Why would John/Jane be going through hard times David was possibly just visiting his Uncle?

So now two marriages to locate John/Jane and David / Hannah?

Offline Debbie Palleson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 23:38 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

Didn't think of that, David possibly visiting and one of the daughter's was the mother of Mary.  I'm pretty sure I had come across the marriage of David and Hannah but nothing so far for John and Jane.  If I am unable to locate a marriage certificate, is the only other way through John's parents but even then I have found more than one John and Sarah around about 1774/1776, give or take a year or two.  I don't think this is an option unless I see children attached to John and Sarah?  It is indeed a challenge to get as far back as one can.  On my mother's side, her maiden name was Ellis but unfortunately my 2nd great grandfather John was illegitimate, for whatever reason, so I told my mother, you had inherited your surname through the maternal side and that I couldn't go any further on that side. Getting back to John and Jane.  Because she was born/baptised in Wrexham, one would presume her and John would have married in her home town.  I looked up records for St. Giles Church but nothing.  They also could have married in London because I have seen evidence of John living in London way before 1837. It is a mystery at this stage!

Debbie

Online wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 07 September 16 20:25 BST (UK) »
You might find something useful in here. You can filter the search results for years and months.

Wrexham Guardian
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ifh/

Wrexham Advertiser
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ifi/

http://www.tom-mercer-mi-indexes.org.uk/

M I Indexes to St. John's, Brymbo.
John    CAPPER A5 1    Mary    CAPPER A5 1 Both on same grave.

Bryn Sion, Pentre, Broughton.
An)ne  CAPPER 34  William  CAPPER 34 ( index number )  Both on same grave.

Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Debbie Palleson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 08 September 16 08:22 BST (UK) »
Hi there!

I have had a good look and yes I have spotted some relations.  In particular my 3rd great grandfather's brother David of Oswestry, Alfred Edward Capper and a couple of others further down the line.  Unfortunately looking in the decade of 1888, there was no mention of my 3rd great grandfather John who died in this year.  Obviously no notice was placed, what ashame.  I seem to think also my 3rd great grandparents names will be on the list under St. Marys which hasn't been completed yet.

Debbie