Author Topic: John Swinnerton  (Read 5512 times)

Offline ahopper89

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Swinnerton
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 00:52 GMT (UK) »
Such a surreal moment as this is my Great Grandfather John Joseph Swinnerton. I am just getting into Genealogy and started with my Grandfather (John Joseph Swinnerton born 18 Feb 1919) and found this forum. What I know from my grandfather’s is that his dad (John) and mom (Hannah Carey) had his sister (Annie, I think) and him. His mom – Hannah – died when he was four, and his dad remarried her sister (my grandfather’s aunt), Gertrude and had the remaining children.

When my grandfather died in 2000, I believe his siblings: Samuel and Edie Utley were still alive. I am uncertain if that is still true (as it is 16 years later).

Thanks for letting me follow along in your research and I am excited to know my lineage better.
~Allison

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Such a surreal moment as this is my Great Grandfather John Joseph Swinnerton. I am just getting into Genealogy and started with my Grandfather (John Joseph Swinnerton born 18 Feb 1919) and found this forum. What I know from my grandfather’s is that his dad (John) and mom (Hannah Carey) had his sister (Annie, I think) and him. His mom – Hannah – died when he was four, and his dad remarried her sister (my grandfather’s aunt), Gertrude and had the remaining children.

When my grandfather died in 2000, I believe his siblings: Samuel and Edie Utley were still alive. I am uncertain if that is still true (as it is 16 years later).

Thanks for letting me follow along in your research and I am excited to know my lineage better.
~Allison

Hi

Welcome to RootsChat

Hope you enjoy the site, lots of people willing to help if you need it.

If you make one more post, you will be able to contact Swinno by the personal message system.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline swinno

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 18 June 19 16:37 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
Further to the elusive Samuel Swinnerton. I have been informed that in the 1915 Census he was
an patient at the Kings Park State Hospital, Smithtown, Suffolk, New York.
But his place of birth is incorrect which we information can be incorrect.
Question  Are these hospital records available online?

thanks,
bswinno.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 21 June 19 08:58 BST (UK) »

Cross - referencing with another later thread - with further info

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=814607.msg6756907

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada