Author Topic: Marriage Thomas Jones and Mary parry  (Read 937 times)

Offline llangatwg

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage Thomas Jones and Mary parry
« on: Sunday 11 September 16 19:23 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a marriage for the above couple approx 1877 in Trecastle Devynock areas Breconshire.  Thomas was a shoemaker.
I can't find a marriage unless Mary has another Christian name.
I know Mary's surname was parry as I made enquiries of Powys registrars of a birth of child and they disclosed her surname to myself.
If I can't find a marriage cert how can I find out who Thomas Jones father was.  Any ideas.
Loads of Thomas Jones Trecastle as you can imagine.
Thanks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Thomas Jones and Mary parry
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 September 16 21:22 BST (UK) »
Don't forget that the name on the child's birth certificate would be the mother's maiden name, so if it was a second marriage she wouldn't have married under that name but under her married name.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 September 16 17:46 BST (UK) »
Outside possible ~
Could Mary be a Martha?
There is a possible 3rd q, 1875, Brecknock 11b, 155
Thomas Jones and Martha Parry on same page.

There are 3 possible marriages  on the GRO BMD lists of Thomas Jones to a Mary in the broad time frame but none have Parry as a surname.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline llangatwg

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 September 16 18:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks funnily enough I have made enquiries of Powys registrars for Martha and Thomas.