Author Topic: Gurney/McCay  (Read 2507 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Gurney/McCay
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 January 17 09:50 GMT (UK) »
You mentioned Martha possibly having a sister. Is it this record for a Margaret you are considering:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F5PV-GL

Also, re
can find nothing at all except there names on my G Grandmothers birth

did Martha die in Scotland? If yes, did her parents names concur with those you have from birth details?
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline smicker59

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scottmum  yes both birth and death list parents as Sarah and Paul. Are u searching the same families in your own quest? X. Yes she did die in Scotland. Her daughter Martha is my GT grandmother who married John McLean in Scotland but they both arrived back in Ireland around 1900. I presume for shipyard work x

Offline DelBoy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kiwi Born n' Bred
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

The poster of the old message  ( from genealogy.com link) is my cousin. I have done some further research,which may or may not be helpful to you. You can see some of my comments on posts on the seconf link ( rootschat board)I am wndering if Paul & Ford Gurney are brothers??

Cheers
Del
Saunders/Sanders,Owen,Owens,Darrach,Wilson, Cardon,Gurney,Edwards, Holmes,Smith, Ohlson,Homewood,Shaw,Semple,Merrill,Smithyman,McCallum,Winslade,Morton,Hill,Donahoe,Inglis, Moore, Morgan, Lawrence/Laurence, Owen, Owens, Skelton,Steele, Caldwell, Wood, Parish,Read,Donaldson, Hill,Farren,Carnley, Bradford, Dugard, Lindsell, Restall, Plus many many more surnames, varied countries

Offline smicker59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks del. That had crossed my mind too .  The only ref to Paul I can find is an 1831 census. No birth, no death, no mother or father or brother or sister x

Offline smicker59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Del, the worst thing of all is I live in Ireland and have been to visit this town land and can't even find grave with Gurney on it x. R they connected to ur family? X

Offline DelBoy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kiwi Born n' Bred
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 01 July 17 08:25 BST (UK) »
Del, the worst thing of all is I live in Ireland and have been to visit this town land and can't even find grave with Gurney on it x. R they connected to ur family? X

Yes Hugh who married Isabella is my 3rd great Grandfather, via their son James who came to New Zealand.
Saunders/Sanders,Owen,Owens,Darrach,Wilson, Cardon,Gurney,Edwards, Holmes,Smith, Ohlson,Homewood,Shaw,Semple,Merrill,Smithyman,McCallum,Winslade,Morton,Hill,Donahoe,Inglis, Moore, Morgan, Lawrence/Laurence, Owen, Owens, Skelton,Steele, Caldwell, Wood, Parish,Read,Donaldson, Hill,Farren,Carnley, Bradford, Dugard, Lindsell, Restall, Plus many many more surnames, varied countries