Author Topic: Mary Reilly b 1860 Holyhead Anglesey d 1903 St Dunns Hospital Ireland?  (Read 1724 times)

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
  • Martha Murray 1920-1990
    • View Profile
Mary Reilly b 1860 Holyhead Anglesey d 1903 St Dunns Hospital Ireland?
« on: Sunday 18 September 16 22:25 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any info on above, she married William Davies and her father was Thomas Reilly who I have down as being a "tin man" in the 1881 census. I had loads of stuff and seem to have misplaced it from years back. I originally thought her mother was Catherine Smith (and put THAT in my original tree) Since I have started redoing the tree with all the new info on line I seem to have been mistaken and her mothers maiden name was O Hara :-[  I have about three weeks to get the tree redone (with new software! and hopefully correct this time!) as I want to try and get it printed for my sister in laws 73 Birthday ;D Her mum started the tree many years ago, she did some then I took it up in 2000. So anything would be greatly appreciated :)
Millership Worcs Staffs   Creer Liverpool IOM  Fishwick Cheshire   Edwards Lancs Cheshire   Smith Cheshire  Murray Lancs  Fitzpatrick Down Ireland  Hewitt  Norfolk  Girdlestone Norfolk  Reilly Ireland Anglesey  Youd  Cheshire  Parker Cheshire  Linacre Cheshire  Higgins Ireland Anglesey   Dickson Lancs  Bohannan Lancs   Downey Gallway Ireland

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Reilly b 1860 Holyhead Anglesey d 1903 St Dunns Hospital Ireland?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 September 16 23:22 BST (UK) »
Not very much info to go on

she married William Davies

When and where?  Is Thomas shown as her father on the marriage cert? Where is the Thomas you found in 1881 - England or Wales?

I originally thought her mother was Catherine Smith

Where did you get that info from and why do you now think it's incorrect?

What census info do you have - please post details.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 September 16 23:31 BST (UK) »
If she married March qtr 1881 is she the 1881 entry shown as a visitor with a 96yr old Mary Riley b Ireland?
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 September 16 23:41 BST (UK) »
A lot of the info I got was from mum in laws old notes, a lot of the stuff she wrote has proved very reliable. I have the birth cert of Mary's daughter Margaret Anne Davies b 1882 (my mum in laws nan) and Mary's maiden name was Reily.  The family names I have of Mary and her siblings all match up on The Wales BMD all stating the mothers maiden name as O'Hara, cant remember where the idea of Smith came from ::)  I did have the 1881 census on CD and much info came from that. The family where all from Holyhead Anglesey 1881 census. Margaret Anne Davies was born in 44 Baker Street Holyhead Anglesey, in 1881 if I remember rightly Mary Davies was a visitor to that address and the head of the household was a Mary Reily age 96, possibly her nan I think that is what you have just found :)
Millership Worcs Staffs   Creer Liverpool IOM  Fishwick Cheshire   Edwards Lancs Cheshire   Smith Cheshire  Murray Lancs  Fitzpatrick Down Ireland  Hewitt  Norfolk  Girdlestone Norfolk  Reilly Ireland Anglesey  Youd  Cheshire  Parker Cheshire  Linacre Cheshire  Higgins Ireland Anglesey   Dickson Lancs  Bohannan Lancs   Downey Gallway Ireland

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 September 16 23:52 BST (UK) »
There is an 1871 entry which shows Mary as aged 12 and b Roscommon Ireland - shown as Reily.  Parents Thomas (tin man) and Catherine plus sister Bridget 9 - all b Roscommon.  2 younger children b Holyhead - Margaret aged 7 and Julia 18mths

Parents marriage was in Ireland

RG10 Piece 5752 Folio 68 Page 14

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 September 16 00:03 BST (UK) »
From freebmd

Births December qtr 1869      
Julia Reiley Anglesey    11b   569

September qtr 1864
Margaret Reily  Anglesey    11b   583

www.northwalesbmd.org.uk shows mmn for Julia as O'Hare - not O'Hara  However, Margaret's entry shows O'Hara and there is also an Ann Reilly 1866 mmn O'Hara

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 19 September 16 00:17 BST (UK) »
I have a Winifred Riley ( Margaret's sister) down on the BMD as Ma Hara they had fun with some names back then! How accurate are the Family search things? I have just found this from 1851 and many of the names (again spelling of surnames not exact, but I know OUR surname now has been changed 3 times since 1874!) seem to run through the family:
HOUSEHOLD

ROLE

BIRTHPLACE

Thomas Really   Head   M   45   Ireland
Mary Really   Wife   F   40   Ireland
Thomas Really   Son   M   13   Ireland
Winifred Really   Widow   F   42   Ireland
Mary O Donal   Daughter   F   17   Ireland
Betty O Donal   Daughter   F   9   Ireland
Sidney O Donal   Daughter   F   6   Ireland
Cathrine Burk   Grand Daughter   F   1   Denbighe, Denbighshire
Thomas Really   Grand Father   M   90   Ireland

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 19 September 16 00:20 BST (UK) »
If you look at the 1871 entry you will see daughter Ann aged 5 immediately above the entry for Thomas & Catherine living with her widowed grandmother Mary Reily aged 77 born Roscommon plus a 14yr old Edward Reily also b Roscommon

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 19 September 16 00:37 BST (UK) »
Another two names that run in the family Ann and Edward (Edward is my husbands name and it is said he was named after his Welsh/Irish ancestors ;D  Thanks  :)