Author Topic: Bartle- Kalgoorlie  (Read 6595 times)

Offline lola4118

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bartle- Kalgoorlie
« Reply #36 on: Monday 17 October 16 04:36 BST (UK) »
I will get back to you on the photo.   At the moment I need to make sure that we are linking to the correct Samuel Thomas Bartle.   There were 2 who arrived in Australia.   There were also 2 gentlemen name Baden Bartle in WA who were about the same age.   I have checked the Kilderry/Bartle connection on TROVE and it appears that they were wed in Melbourne.   I have never heard any mention of John BARTLE/Ann Sincock descendants in Melbourne especially before 1920, so I will research that a little further.    In the 1980s I was contacted by a person in WA trying to link these two Baden Bartle's but with little success.   Anyway keep searching, and I will f/u again soon.   Pam :)  Maybe if you do some searches on http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article you may find some interesting snippets. I have attached the Wedding report for you.  Enjoy

Offline Danelle Warnock

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi, don't know if I am way too late but I am in the same family tree.Warren is my Grandfathers brother (Kevin Patrick Bartle).

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Sbartle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 14 February 19 03:56 GMT (UK) »

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 20 September 16 02:21

3887/1893
BARTLE John  Father John  Mother Unknown  District Broken Hill.

« Reply #32 on: Saturday 15 October 16 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hello fellow BARTLE family members.   I have been intrigued with the discussion and felt obliged to add my contribution.   My G Grandfather (Edward Henry BARTLE) was a brother to Samuel Thomas BARTLE who married Edith Downs WARREN. 

Cando - regarding your post about J Bartle. (ref Barrier Miner 6 Mar 1889), this referred to John Bartle jnr.   John BARTLE's Obituary from the Barrier Miner on 29 November 1930 (as per TROVE) provides an interesting account of his life.

"Barrier Miner (Broken Hill, NSW : 1888 - 1954) Saturday 29 November 1930 p 2 Article
THE LATE MR. J. BARTLE
The death of Mr. John Bartle, re-ference to which has already been made  in "Ihe Barrier Miner," removes a per-sonality well known in South BrokenHill. He was born in Cornwall in 1862.and came to Australia with his parents in 1883, the family settling down at Wallaroo mines, where Mr. Bartle mar-
ried Miss E. J. Treloar, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. J. Treloar. All were shipmates from Cornwall. The late
Mr Bartle and his wife and child came to Broken Hill in 1888, but after 10 months work in the mines, Mr. Bartle contracted lead poisoning.
Later he had an attack of fever. After four months' illness he went to Adelaide, where he underwent treatment in the Adelaide Hospital, where three operations were performed. After five months' treat-ment he was deemed incurable. He subsequently returned to Broken Hill and began water carting, but was unable to carry on.
Later he took to cab driving and followed this occupation till 1927. He was prominent in the Central-street Methodist Church choir. He sang in the first church erected in Broken Hill. He was choir conduc-tor at the South for many years. Ill-health caused him to give up. He leaves a widow and one daughter, Mrs. T. S. Arthur, of South Broken Hill. Mrs. T. Newman, of South Broken Hill, is a sister, and there are two brothers, Mr. Ned Bartle, of Wallaroo Mines, and Mr. E. C. Bartle, of Inverell, and formerly of the Broken Hill Post Office staff."

By 1930 John's siblings who had moved to Kalgoorlie/Boulder/Coolgardie had pre-deceased him.  John's widowed mother Ann BARTLE lived her final years in WA with her eldest daughter and died there in 1927.   

There is a very interesting history to the family (John BARTLE Sn and Ann nee Sincock and family- including Edward Henry and his wife and young baby) who arrived on the ORIANA in South Australia in 1883, among Cornish Miners specially engaged for the Moonta Mines.  In the following years they pursued mining in South Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales and Western Australia.   

I am fortunate to have a generous collection of family photos, accumulated from various family members over the years.   :D

I hope you find some of the foregoing of interest .....Pam 

Hello,

Thanks for the people posting from newspapers. I discovered on here that John Bartle Snr who married Ann Sincox is burried in Broken Hill Cemetary (Row C 24) and his son John Bartle Jr who died detailed above is  burried in row 5 Grave 26). John Bartle Snr left cornwall with the majority of the family apart from one, John Henry Bartle - who is my grandfather’s grandfather (the brother of Samuel Thos and Edward Henry). John Bartle Snrs wife Mary Jane Bartle (the mum of all these siblings) also stayed in Cornwall and she died in 1940. Was not documented on our side that he remarried with Miss Treloar. But that makes sense why it says ‘mother unknown’ on the death notice of John Jr.

I’d be interested in any photos of the graves at Broken Hill if people live by or any other photos of this generation.

Bw,

Scott Bartle

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 14 February 19 04:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scott,
   Welcome to rootschat  :)

There are grave photos available free from this site http://www.ozburials.com/CemsNSW/bh_bravo.htm

I can see images are available for John BARTLE 1930, Ann BARTLE (buried Kalgoorlie) 1927, John BARTLE 1893

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Sbartle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 14 February 19 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, I have dropped them an email.