Author Topic: Rev. Wm Chamberlain (& Whittaker) in Ballycommon  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Ken_McEvoy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rev. Wm Chamberlain (& Whittaker) in Ballycommon
« on: Thursday 22 September 16 23:56 BST (UK) »
Many family trees on Ancestry trace back to Mary Augusta Chamberlain (1784-1851), daughter of Rev. William Chamberlain, "a clergyman of the Established Church of England, resident at Bally Common".
My g-g-grandmother was Mary Ann Whittaker (1811-1870). Her obituary in the Toronto Globe, Dec 23, 1870, says "On Wednesday the 21st at 5 p.m., Mary Ann, wife of Robert Knowlton, eldest daughter of the late Wm Whittaker, Esq., Edenderry, King's County, Ireland, granddaughter of Rev. Mr. Chamberlain of Ballycommon". I believe Wm Whittaker's wife was Ellen Chamberlain, and she was probably born around 1770 to 1790.
It seems likely that Mary Augusta Chamberlain and Ellen Chamberlain were sisters (it would be odd to have two 'Rev. Mr. Chamberlain's in Ballycommon at the same time, I would think).
Can anyone suggest where I might look to confirm (or deny) that Mary Augusta and Ellen were sisters? Also, is there a resource where I could learn more about Rev. Mr. Wm Chamberlain of the Church of England in Ballycommon?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rev. Wm Chamberlain (& Whittaker) in Ballycommon
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 September 16 00:11 BST (UK) »
Freeman's Journal Dublin, Republic of Ireland 11 Dec 1830

MARRIAGES William Chamberlain, Esq., of Ballycommon, King's County, to Miss Abigail Pendleton, of Ainebrook,:Queen`s County.

http://www.GenesReunited.co.uk/searchbna/results?memberlastsubclass=none&searchhistorykey=0&keywords=chamberlain&from=1830&to=1839&type=familynotice

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rev. Wm Chamberlain (& Whittaker) in Ballycommon
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 September 16 00:47 BST (UK) »

Genealogies, memoirs, correspondence, etc., of a number of Huguenot families, 1662 - 1821.
Format:    Manuscript
Subjects:    
Apremont, family of
Arabin, family of

Chamberlain, family of

Dublin: National Library of Ireland, Ms. 8341