Author Topic: Alice Webb  (Read 2936 times)

Offline Chelle71

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Alice Webb
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 October 16 20:49 BST (UK) »
Yes BB your quite right , when I'm at my laptop next I'll post on the Herts page to see if anyone is kind enough to go to the RO for me because the earliest I can get there in middle of next month .

Thankyou

Offline Chelle71

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 12 October 16 05:52 BST (UK) »
Just reading back over this thread, and the import of John's post #10 had escaped me. If, as we suspect, Alice and William of Leagrave were siblings, then both married in Redbourn and lived thereafter in Redbourn. More circumstantial evidence! Sorry I was a bit slow picking that up! William married in 1809 and Alice in 1811. Wouldn't surprise me if we find that William was one of the witnesses at Alice's marriage.

I'd also check the witnesses at William's 1809 marriage to Rhodia Freeman to see if Alice was a witness.

BB

Hi BB , Just thought id have a look at this again before going off to work , Can I ask where you found the marriage for William Webb as I have spent the last half hour looking ? And also been unable to find them on 1841 census , yes possible they both could of died etc

I could quite happierly sit here all day but needs must , work beckons

Chelle

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 12 October 16 08:39 BST (UK) »
Find My Past has marriage in 1809 at Redbourn of William Webb to Rhodiah Freeman; while the Herts Names Online database has him as William WEEB marrying Rhoda Freeman on 12 Oct 1809. I've also found the marriage on Ancestry.

1841 census has William Webb aged 70 (=1771) living in Redbourn Common with Joseph Webb age 13 & Eliza Starkins age 20 & Mary Starkins aged 1. Seems Joseph Starkins married Eliza Webb on 29 Sep 1838 at Redbourn.   

Rhoda Webb was buried at Redbourn aged 38 on 20 Feb 1829
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Chelle71

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 12 October 16 18:38 BST (UK) »
Blimey Starkins , I came across that name when i very first started to research my family , I felt I was going down a wrong line at the time and deleted my very small tree and just kept away from that name , though it was connected with Rance not Webb .

John its been very kind of you to look this up for me ,

" Joseph Webb age 13 & Eliza Starkins age 20 & Mary Starkins aged 1. Seems Joseph Starkins married Eliza Webb on 29 Sep 1838 at Redbourn.  "

So Eliza Webb is daughter to William Webb 1771 ??   Nice that it falls in registration period ,

Im just going to go off and see if i can follow your trail ,

thankyou again so much

Chelle